Log splitter with Attitude

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onenut

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Found this splitter on craigslist...Just a tad to much for me:rock:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/1025823122.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-08, 9:20AM EST

Commercial Log Splitter
73 Hp Cummins
(2) 7" cylinders = 115 tons
60 gallon a minute pump
Adjustable 6 way wedge that will split an 8 1/2' log
Must see
Asking $42,000
Too much to list...call for more details

firewood log splitter wood splitter tree service land clearing

Thats what I need for my monster 4' oak logs! I think the idea is you can split a whole trunk, then cut it to length and resplit if needed.

I wonder about those monsters. Not too many firewood businesses can survive with straight logs and a processor so how could a guy start a business with a 40+ thousand dollar splitter and expect to make money?
Maybe buy splitting whole length logs at a time you can cut a cord quickly. I don't know but i don't know any tree companies that make any money on the tree after its down.

Oh you say it to size them down for the chipper. Around here they just take the big stuff to the dump unless some one says they want it.

Those are supposed to split almost whole trees, if you had supporting equipment it might be ok maybe. If you spit a tree into the right size triangle but it were say 15 ft long thats a lot of cuts to make it into firewood.

Funny if a tree company can't make money on a tree after its down....... how come I can't find one to let me dispose of some hardwood for them !:cry:

ive got a pile of pasture pine butts that would put that baby through her paces! timberwolf makes a big splitter too. even has an option to hook it to a tractor PTO.

Funny if a tree company can't make money on a tree after its down....... how come I can't find one to let me dispose of some hardwood for them !
They will double dip if they can but the money is the take down. Anything else I'm sure is just a little extra gravy.

Back