Logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneMadrone

LoneMadrone

I'm staying, finishing my coffee.
Looks great. I'm on the lookout for a hoist like that for my trailer. Where did you purchase that one?, and how much, if you dont mind me asking. Keep up the good work.

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Thanks for posting the pics. I have a 5X8 dump trailer and thought about mounting one to the side. If it will come close to lifting the 1/2 ton rating it may work well. I might have to weld a bracket to the bottom of the frame, I don't want it inside the dump, nothing would come out.

Czech_Made

Czech_Made

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks for posting the pics. I have a 5X8 dump trailer and thought about mounting one to the side. If it will come close to lifting the 1/2 ton rating it may work well. I might have to weld a bracket to the bottom of the frame, I don't want it inside the dump, nothing would come out.

One thing from experience - while unloading the last log, the trailer came back at us fast, so we jumped clear. The trailer lifted the opposite wheel of the ground but stayed hitched. Also in the woods we would load smaller log first to counterbalance big logs. The empty trailer just did not want to stay with two wheels on the ground.

Makes perfect sense of course, be careful out there :)

Latest posts