Logosol vs Granberg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A nasty case of CAD has led me to dabble in milling logs. I've made a few oak beams and am looking into making planks with either the Logosol timberjig or the 24" Granberg MKIII. I have a Makita 7901 with the muffler mod and a 28" bar and a ripping chain. I need to mill some ash into deck boards for my old hayrack that I use for hauling rock and logs (that's where the oak beams went). I am thinking of milling some cottonwoods into 2x6 boards for a future building. I've read that cottonwood works ok if handled correctly. Does anyone have experience with cottonwood?

A nasty case of CAD has led me to dabble in milling logs. I've made a few oak beams and am looking into making planks with either the Logosol timberjig or the 24" Granberg MKIII. I have a Makita 7901 with the muffler mod and a 28" bar and a ripping chain. I need to mill some ash into deck boards for my old hayrack that I use for hauling rock and logs (that's where the oak beams went). I am thinking of milling some cottonwoods into 2x6 boards for a future building. I've read that cottonwood works ok if handled correctly. Does anyone have experience with cottonwood?
No experience with cottonwood, but experience w/ Mark III. A larger Mark III would give you expansion for the future.

Back