Logstor pex in ohio?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjcole50

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I cant seem to track down where to buy logstor pipe in north west ohio. Any help is appreciated. Only plan to bury 1-1.5' deep because of our high water table. Is this stuff ok for that depth?

showrguy, curious why you suggest to go lower than frost? Mine is 6' deep and comes up at the owb, if I was to shut the owb down I would have to drain the tank and lines anyway or it would just freeze in the back of the owb. The end of the line is just laying on the ground and sometimes is even laying in water which then freezes.
I have a back up generator in case of an extended power outage. If I didn't have enough fuel then I would likely use my compressor and blow all the lines but the house lines inside the house would freeze then anyway. At that point I would likely just light the house on fire and collect the insurance. :)

If i go below 2.5 -3 ft im the water table around here. I have heard these quality insulated pex didnt have any need to be below a frost line? A cb dealer said it could be 12" and be fine? So much conflicting info out therr

Dealers tell you to go 12" down to get it out of the sunlight, the casing is not rated for continuous exposure to sunlight. There's enough insulation on it, you don't have to worry about depth unless you're planning on letting your furnace sit idle for long stretches of time. It's just so well insulated I doubt you'd see a noticeable heat loss between 4 feet down or sitting right on top of the snow. I installed 12 inches down but it actually comes out of the ground where it enters the house, I couldn't measure a loss on 90 feet or so. I had to make several calls to find dealers in ny state and ended up driving 4 hours to pick it up. It was worth the drive and the price, it's top of the line stuff.

Where's greenville Ohio? There's a thread linked below that mentions "classic comfort" as a dealer in Greenville, thread is from 2009 but might be worth checking out.

Will do thanks. I was actually going to have an exposed 5 ft section exposed on the concrete pad at the lean to and then come back up not far from surface to enter the house. Its just the way things are laid out. Thermopex and logstor equal quality? Have you actually measured from the boiler to your exposed pex indoors? That impressive.

showrguy, curious why you suggest to go lower than frost? Mine is 6' deep and comes up at the owb, if I was to shut the owb down I would have to drain the tank and lines anyway or it would just freeze in the back of the owb. The end of the line is just laying on the ground and sometimes is even laying in water which then freezes.
I have a back up generator in case of an extended power outage. If I didn't have enough fuel then I would likely use my compressor and blow all the lines but the house lines inside the house would freeze then anyway. At that point I would likely just light the house on fire and collect the insurance. :)
Extended power outage would be my thought..
Even without power you can still keep your OWB hot, by burning like an old woodstove.... You'd just have to babysit it a little more..

Thanks showrguy, that's what I figured you were thinking about. Mine will go out if it doesn't have hydro to turn the blower on let alone open the blower door. I just stick a small piece of wood under the door to hold it open enough to keep the fire going.

Latest posts

Back