Long ,325 076 bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! Stihl does...buy a 36" large mount bar, and have your dealer install a .325" tip.

What do you want it for, milling?

Yea, milling... I keep forgetting about replaceable tips.. thanks

Ian

Last edited:
Where are you going to get a 325 tip for the big mount bar?

Didn't know the tips were different on Stihl bars based on mount pattern...makes sense I guess... But as Bill said, Oregon should change out just fine.

I've got an old 48" Oregon roller nose that’s .63 gauge. I can run .325, 3/8's, .404, and 1/2" pitch on it. :)

If you can find one I'd recommend getting it. :cheers:

Didn't know the tips were different on Stihl bars based on mount pattern...makes sense I guess... But as Bill said, Oregon should change out just fine.
In my hunt for a 36" bar for my 076 I rang Oregon, they said they didn't make anything above 25" for that pattern now...
So I got a 2nd hand Stihl bar. Turns out it was the narrow tip and ti[p a bit hard to find, a dealer measured one and I now have a tip that fits. But in my quest I did see a 325 tip that would fit that narrow (old style) Stihl bar...

Heck I dunno. Just one of the plethora of things running through my mind. I didn't think running LP on a 111cc saw with a 32-36" bar would be a good thing and the 325 would have a stronger chassis and thinner kerf...how much thinner I don't know. It is as I figured tho, pain the A to cobble together, so I guess I'll "file 13" that idea.

Ian

Latest posts

Back