Lookin for new chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnb

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
High guys and gals, It's been a while, I noticed when I logged into day it was March since I last visited the site. Its the time of year i get back in the woods for myself and block out some firewood and and trees for milling. I'm looking for a good place to buy some chain loops. I really enjoyed doing business with CCD but havn't been as thrilled with Baileys. Any suggestions?? I like, a lot of you have many saws, my steadys are ms 360, 066, echo 4400, my milling 394XPG. I run mostly 72-73 lg and 33 on the echo. Any info feedback on good suppliers you use would be apprecitated.. Thanks The Hoosier!!!!!!!

ericjeeper

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am loving the LGX

One of the site sponsors has pretty good prices on it. Amicks..
Call and talk to Tony. He will hook you up.
Did you notice the Indiana GTG the 27th of October. Just outside of Martinsville?
You are welcome to come meet up with a few of us sawnuts.

ciscoguy01

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cutting Edge

$14 a loop for Oregon LGX... I believe. Shipping is dirt cheap. LGX is one of my favorite chains for durability, sharpness, etc... Get in touch with 166 or Cuttinscott on here and call them... I haven't found anyone to touch their pricing for anything... :cheers:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
For me, the jury is still out on the LGX - It seems "jumpier" than RSC and LP when put to the wood, maybe because it doesnt have a low-vibe chassis.

They all perform about the same, when well into the wood, but I think there still is a slight difference in the smoothness.

Last edited:
ericjeeper

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Jury has made their decision for me

For me, the jury is still out on the LGX - It seems "jumpier" than RSC and LP when put to the wood, maybe because it doesn't have a low-vibe chassis.
I have tried all sort of chain, except stihl. Local stealerships want way to much money. Jumpier? No it is not a safety chain.It is a wood eating edge holding chain.
Probably not intended for bench racing.But for cutting wood.,http://arboristsite.com/images/smilies/chainsawguy.gif
:chainsawguy:

Uwharrie

Uwharrie

ArboristSite Operative
Hi johnb, We invite you to visit our store and if you have any questions please call. I agree that the 72LGX chain is a super performer and it's priced right. The 33 Chain has been discountinued but some may be available, it's replacement is the 20LP Oregon Chain. 336-672-1196 Thanks Tony
Here's a picture of it.
Oregon%2072LGX072G-2.jpg

johnb

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Saw Chain

Thanks everyone for the great advise on saw chain.. I took final inventory this week and not as bad off as I thought I was, just gonna need a few more 72 lg's to get through the firewood season. I will give the new venders a shout. Thanks Eric for the invite to the GTG, but, I can't make it this year. I would love to cut wood with you guys!! Maybe I can bring my woodbug mill on my trailer next year and slab something!!! Thanks again!!! The Hoosier!!

Sharpen your chain it's a jungle out there!!!!