Looking at Damaged 346 XP. Ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few yrs newer and it would of been a 50cc version! :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks

unfortunately, I did not know to look at the black ID tag under the clutch cover, but if I do go back and look at it, I will look at that. Thanks for the idea, I never knew there was a tag there. ....

No reason to do that, with a screw on top cover, it is at best a 350.

As I remember it, the 350 has a metal handlebar, unlike the 345 and 340.

No reason to do that, with a screw on top cover, it is at best a 350.

As I remember it, the 350 has a metal handlebar, unlike the 345 and 340.

This saw has me lost.
I don't remember seeing any saws that looked like a 346 with a screw on top cover with a primer bulb. Or am I having brain fade?

Later
Dan

The more you guys tell me, the more I think its a parts saw. I bet it was smashed and they threw on all different covers to make it useable. The real question is what saw really WAS it, before they molested it? I'll look at tag if I get back there, but I really think I want to stay far far away from that saw! :) I offered them $30 in parts, I'll see if they call me back.....

Here are some pics of the "other" 346XP I bought this week! Not, the "parts saw or whatever the broken one is we were talking about in here".

Its the Old Version. Got $150 in it.
I tried to get pics of the piston/ring, but camera angle was really hard......

Pics in next post........

Last edited:
photobucket-20213-1361728047973_zpsab35e21b.jpg

true in a way, but..

I would run away from that saw unless it was out with the trash at the end of his driveway. Who wants any saw that has been flat out abused? If you're talking about a purchase then I would look elsewhere. Dumpster divin' , now that's a different game. DW

..but if it's a low-hour saw, then maybe you could pay what you pay for a low-hour short-block or a good used C&P plus a little extra tip for the verified good usable parts on it. Then - find a low hour 346XP with a busted C&P -- and build a clean, low hour 346XP!! LOL..

Jo.

Got a used Jred recently..

it's a 2152, and some told me it shares stuff with the 346..
What I already know is that you can convert it to a 346XP with the same era 346XP C&P set..

As for now -- I won't change a thing!! It's in pristine condition :D

Say?

Jo.

==================

Edit:
I was also told it's actually a red Husky 353.
I'm aware it's all under Husqvarna Corp'. Plus - some tag on it says: "Huskvarna Jonsered" (not necessarily in this order, but it doesn't matter to me, and yes - it's with a 'K'.. lol)

Last edited:
it's a 2152, and some told me it shares stuff with the 346..
What I already know is that you can convert it to a 346XP with the same era 346XP C&P set..

As for now -- I won't change a thing!! It's in pristine condition :D

Say?

Jo.

The 2152 is a 353, with a streight across handlebar, and a little more plastic and weight on it (about 2.2 oz). The real issue is that most US sold one came with a cat muffler....

Back