Looking for a 100cc+......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckydiesel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
...hedge trimmer. I have a hand-me-down battery operated outfit, but it just isn't holding up to my extreme capacity for work. I mean, I have a solid 15-20' of hedge have to trim at least twice a year!

Okay, who made/makes the biggest, nastiest hedge trimmer out there? Need to run at least a 5' bar.

:D

-Phillip

My best friend grew up on an 1100 acre farm that was an original land grant plantation. His house sat inside a large circular drive with a huge boxwood hedge on the inside. The only way they could keep it trimmed was to mount a lawnmower on two pipes and have two of the big sawmill workers hoist it above their heads and walk each side of the perimeter. After each pass they would slide the mower over and go again. His dad finally got smart and pushed it all up with a dozer.

What about a stihl 088 with a 60+ inch bar, and a bunch of those granberg hedge trimmer guides that clamp on your bar?

If that isnt enough, get a cannon double end bar with an alky 101b hotsaw on each end.

I have a Stihl HS 45 that does all I want, got it from a scrapyard so the price was right. I did have a Ryobi on the end of a split shaft weedeater and it worked until the shaft stripped out.

...someone must have bookmarked *that* video..the completely bugnutz redneck extreme hedge trimmer guy...

Can't run a chainsaw bar...wife says I have too many saws. :eek:. :(
Things are starting to think about growing. I'm about to make a front loader mount for an old flail mower and do a little hydro drive setup. ;)

-Phillip

I've got double headed 090g's with a 66" and 56" bar setup that might work.

Seriously, I use my ht100 with hedge trimmer attachment and like it much better than my hs81 as it weighs the same and has way more power and reach.

Last edited:
My best friend grew up on an 1100 acre farm that was an original land grant plantation. His house sat inside a large circular drive with a huge boxwood hedge on the inside. The only way they could keep it trimmed was to mount a lawnmower on two pipes and have two of the big sawmill workers hoist it above their heads and walk each side of the perimeter. After each pass they would slide the mower over and go again. His dad finally got smart and pushed it all up with a dozer.

The best way to deal with a hedge.:clap:

We had some around the tiny front yard at our old house. Hated the darn crap.

Countdown is on....I ripped up two 6' wide shrubs this evening. If I can't find something to trim hedges that will settle my CAD...THEY ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!! (unless they're boxwood, 'cause I ripped four of those out last year and they're still living today...not even in dirt!)

-Phillip

Back