Looking for a firewood cutting buddy(s) in/around my area.....to share the burden

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were thinking at least 3 cords of wood in the tree probably more. Enough to warm the house for a few days.

I was going to post a few pics...(just got home) but looks like Andy took care of that!

Oh....anyone notice anything new in my sig? (hint 621!) someone read this post:
Thanks to all who are going to make the drive to Zumbrota to help cut fire wood!

Would anyone that's coming have a Jonsereds 621? Growing up, this is the saw I remember local loggers running. I would really like to run one of these saws! Some day....I would like to get one....

Today....I ran one AND got one! :clap: :hmm3grin2orange:
Thanks tmurph! I am the third owner of this saw....I'll have to put some pics up... It's a lot like my 49sp.....just BIGGER! :clap::eek:uttahere2:

Let's see if I can mention all 6 from AS that helped. tmurph, andydodgegeek and his dad, steve NW WI (doesn't look like his avatar!:hmm3grin2orange:), MN Ripper, and GrizzlyAdams86.

Looks like you guys had a good time. Wish something like that happens here. Congratulations on a good day.

Ps. I'm gonna get my dads 621 running he alway raves about that thing. I just keep telling him atleast mine run.

Nice job fellas! Would have loved to hear the sound of that tree going over. What a beast. That chainsaw is flat out crazy. I can't imagine cutting with a 42" bar.
Glad everyone had fun!

Dang it was windy yesterday, I am still digging saw dust out of my eyes. No matter which side of the log you stood on the wind would blow dust at your face.

Dang it was windy yesterday, I am still digging saw dust out of my eyes. No matter which side of the log you stood on the wind would blow dust at your face.

Here too.. Planned on knocking some trees down yesterday, but the wind was playing heck. My son and I ended up going "scrounging" for dead and down and ended up with a nice score. He also has the "disease", as my wife likes to call it, now.. :msp_tongue:

I had a good time yesterday, I would have to agree with everyones feelings on the wind and sawdust. Didn't get to run the saws as much as I hoped to, but I did use the fiskars quite a bit. Thanks again to Manyhobbies for his hospitlay and to everyone who came out yesterday. I got some pictures I will try to get up here soon.

First batch of pictures from saturday.

228605d1331598557-dcsn4067-jpg

228606d1331598625-dcsn4068-jpg

228607d1331598655-dcsn4069-jpg

228608d1331598695-dcsn4070-jpg

228609d1331598729-dcsn4071-jpg

More coming.

Last edited:
Back