Looking for a opinion on my port work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i found this port on the other side.. Leave it or modify it?
gemahepe.jpg

ytypajy8.jpg
portmatched to case, ca 1mm higer transferports and inlet due to removal of base gasket, muffelmatched exhaust unchanged to piston but bigger afrer that.
7aje9u8u.jpg
piston looks good, but is aftermarked better when the transfer is open in the piston?

Have tested the saw now, and it seems a lot faster in the cut. Does not hawe a compression tester, but we have a stock 353 at work, so can do some side by side tests. The carburator restrictors is of and does magic in this extreemly hot sommer here in nothern europe!

Yes, it stays.. Glued the cyl to the case now and squish is ca 1mm or ca 0.040" was 2mm before..!
10-11 000 in the cut now, think it is 1000 higher now!

Got a old stihl 036 that i widened and set the exhaust to ca 103, and squish to 0,020 ( cut cyl ca 0,014) just dont hawe the tools to adjust transfer jet.
Anyone hawe an ide on the numbers on the transfer and intake?
Went from 140 to 100 psi.. Need some more work..!

My cyl on the 353 loosened so then a gasket needed to be mounted. Therfore cyl got shorter and there suddenly got to be a pop up piston :) some attention to the port timing and some videning for better brething is mandetory to try to Get futher whith my work :)
ff1ce52d6ee524fe0d29798d65c426af.jpg

Mounted it and runs ok, not seen wood and waiting for a comp test. Transfer is 121 from 126 unfotunatly exhaust got too low due to not cutting squish at 102 and inlet is 73.
Hopfully i be happy with it, original it was rubbish!

Latest posts

Back