Looking for climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miesel.1

Reaction score
Help wanted:

Tree-climbers (2-4) to help with forest ecology research project in the Klamath National Forest in northern California. Responsibilities involve climbing mature white fir trees (approx. 20-40” DBH and 60-90 ft height) to remove single branches from the mid-canopy for a conifer needle nutrient study. This is a short-term time commitment of 2 or 4 successive days in mid/late August or early September 2006 (dates and number of days will be determined based on climbers’ availability). The project site is located approximately 1 hour south of Klamath Falls, OR and north Mt. Shasta, CA.

This project will provide: lodging in USFS research house, $44 per diem reimbursement, and hourly or contracted compensation (negotiable).

Climbers must be in good physical condition and provide: personal transportation to the Goosenest Ranger District (Macdoel, CA), personal climbing gear and protective equipment, and proof of current medical insurance.

For more information, please contact Jessica at [email protected] or (802) 558-0592.

What a great opportunity! I wish I lived closer becuase I'd certainly volunteer to do this. I wonder if there're any such studies going on here on the East Coast?

Back