Looking for lil' help with IEL big twin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Restoration! I was kinda worried the dog was gonna get her nose cut off, but at 16 seconds on the video the dad got the silly critter outta there!:msp_tongue:

Drew

Hey Drew how's it going?Glad to see old man winter didn't bury you back on the praries.Great video of the saw running and it sitting on the shelf in the saw shop.
Lawrence

I know the grease your talking about for the hedge trimmer, but I have half a sump to fill. I'm just not sure that "grease", is what they actually ment. 90w gear oil seems like it would fit the bill, just like in the old Homelite gear drives. The sump on the IEL has the helical gear in it. Seems to me that grease would get pushed to the side with centrifical force, and end up useless as a gear lubricant.
Very cool saw. I agree with you that grease has the wrong viscosity for this application. I would personally mix a synthetic 90W with an equal amount of synthetic grease to make a nice lubricant that will "flop" around in the gearbox and continuously coat all moving parts. Keep ambient temperature in mind though. Make it thinner if you intend to use it in the colder seasons. Cheers.

Nice Restoration! I was kinda worried the dog was gonna get her nose cut off, but at 16 seconds on the video the dad got the silly critter outta there!:msp_tongue:

That was one of the reason's I was reluctant to post the video, but if you knew my Dad, I'm surprised he didn't push the dog closer. It's Mum's lil' angel and Dad's mortal enemy, lol

Well a big thanks to all who viewed, encouraged, and offered advice on this old saw. My Dad couldn't have got it to the display without all of your imput.

Hey Drew how's it going?Glad to see old man winter didn't bury you back on the praries.Great video of the saw running and it sitting on the shelf in the saw shop.
Lawrence

Lawrence, it's been too long friend, but as soon as I get all the farmers into the field, I'll give you a call

Drew

Great to hear another one run again, been a few years since I heard one run and it looks great. I rember well the smoke coming from the duels when we ran straight 30W in them on the farm.

Latest posts

Back