Looking for rubber carabiner fasteners/keepers/holders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msoultan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some fasteners to keep the carabiner from sliding around and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on ones that they like. I was thinking of using a bike inner tube, but I just saw this one in the Teufelberger manual for their antishock tool lanyard and I wanted to see if anyone knows where to get something similar.

Capture.PNG

This video also shows it in action:

thanks!
Mike

I'm trying to find some fasteners to keep the carabiner from sliding around and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on ones that they like. I was thinking of using a bike inner tube, but I just saw this one in the Teufelberger manual for their antishock tool lanyard and I wanted to see if anyone knows where to get something similar.

View attachment 1030800

This video also shows it in action:

thanks!
Mike

This any good?

Screenshot_20221108-191727_kindlephoto-3792819766.png

It is available here:

https://www.wesspur.com/carabiners/carabiner-accessories.html

Keep whatever device/rope/webbing is connected to the carabiner situated in the proper configuration to avoid cross-loading the carabiner. This is the same reason they make carabiners with the little spring clip on them, but I don't want to use one of those. If you watch the video I linked to above, you'll see exactly how it's utilized.

Think it was my first day climbing when I asked this question, bike inner tube was the answer.
Cut a maybe 1 inch section of it and put it on your beener, put on your hitch, pully, throw bag or whatever, then twist the rubber loop and put back through you gate, the ruber will cross over and keep everything tight.
Edit
I now see that you mentioned the inner tube, was wondering why nobody else said something. Ha!

Latest posts

Back