Looking for someone with a Tree Austria 3.1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reynog61

Reaction score
I am looking for a new saddle and the Tree Austria 3.1 has caught my eye. I can't seem to find to many details on it though so if someone here has one I have a few questions about it. First off I am in a BF 2 right now and the things I dislike are the position of the D rings (too far back, sherill measures them at 18 inches apart), and the distance between the back and the leg loops (the leg loops ride up and squash my boys), the waist belt also continuously loosens throughout a climb.
Questions
1- Where is the center of gravity? Does the saddle balance the legs and back support or does favor one or the other?
2- How far apart are the D rings? I can't find a measurement anywhere online.
3- Is the strap that runs along the back of the saddle sewn the whole way or is there room to fit biners or caritools other than the gear loops? The BF 2 is sewn the whole way.
4- How is the support? I am not looking for a big saddle, I tried a friends Skylotec Kolibri and the back and leg supports seemed huge.

I am looking for a saddle that is light but with a decent amount of support, I don't do much with big saws in the tree. Alot of pruning and moving around is the main agenda where I work. Any insight about this saddle would help, I can't find one to try out so I am looking for any info I can get my hands on.

Thanks

Back