Looking for woodgrinding contractor in CT.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinB1986

Reaction score
Hey,

My name is Kevin and I am clearing about four acres of forest to make into pasture. There was heavy brush (multiflora-rose, japanese barbarry, russian olive, privette, and lots of bittersweet) which I cleared with my backhoe and piled. I am doing all the cutting with chainsaw, cutting the few trees that are any good (red maple, pepperidge, choke cherry) for firewood and the rest which is worthless (alianthus altissima) into logs that are about six feet so that I can load them into the backhoe bucket and pile them in one area. The tops are so bound up and together with vines that there is no way I could chip them so I have been piling them too. I am going to dig all the stumps, (hundreds), and pile them too. I want to have a tub grinder or a horizontal wood hog come in and grind all the material. I was wondering if anyone knew of any operations that work in CT that have a machine that they will bring to my property and grind everything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kblacker1986

I live in Connecticut and do that kind of work. I will PM you with contact info.

Back