Looking to buy another saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We run both the 346 and the 261. The 346 is better for limbing especially pines as it screams and is more of a top end powerband saw.The 261 has a bit more bottom end torque which makes it my choice for bigger oak logs. It is built better and the air filter is state of the art. I favor the 261.

About a month ago I went in my local shop to pick up a sprocket for my 372 and walked out with a sprocket and a 550xp. Probably could have gotten a better deal on line but I'm glad I finally bought a saw locally. It's a little fickle to start after getting warmed up and it's probably me. My 3120, 372 and 338 (cali version) once they are warm it's one pull and I love that so hopefully I'll get this dialed in right. It is so nice sending the top handle down and pulling the 550 up instead of the 372 ... that little bit of weight difference seems to make a huge difference. I would eye their 346 every time I went in their and just when they sold their last one I decided to get a saw in that range... typical. Like others have said this thing screams and though it might be the newness... I love grabbing it

No Dolmar fans? Up in the tree, anytime the 200t can't do it, I like my Dolmar 5100s. It's a sweet little saw, 18" bar, light and easy to carry. Great limbing saw. Every time I pick it up, I wonder why I don't use it more.

I have a new 461 and it rips. Have a 25" on it. Good aas saw. I would run Dolmar or Jonsred, but we dont have any dealers.

No Dolmar fans? Up in the tree, anytime the 200t can't do it, I like my Dolmar 5100s. It's a sweet little saw, 18" bar, light and easy to carry. Great limbing saw. Every time I pick it up, I wonder why I don't use it more.

Our company used to be a dolmar dealer so we had a bunch of dolmars around all but 3 fell apart... We got a 5105 thats like new a 6300 and a 7300 the 63 n 73 seem really heavy... Cut great but heavy. The 5105 is a piece of crap i wish it would blow up it has no balls compared to our 261's i think im gonna loose it one day... I vote 261 with a 20" serves us well!

I have 2 346's and love them, a logger/land clearing gentleman I do stump grinding for has a 562xp that he cant stop saying good things about, he has a couple bigger saws to but says he changes the blade from 16 to 20 before he goes bigger, he loves to limb and everything with it.Says its light and ballsy, something to consider.

Latest posts

Back