Looking to have a saw ported.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jet47

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Been a logger for 20+ years and have never had a saw ported or muffler modded. Never realized the advantages until I stumbled across this forum.:(
I live in Nova Scotia(15 mins from Halifax airport) and am wondering if there are any local guys that could gain me a little horsepower.

I currently have:
357 Husky
361 Stihl
460 Stihl (which today I made a muffler mod too):msp_unsure:

Been a logger for 20+ years and have never had a saw ported or muffler modded. Never realized the advantages until I stumbled across this forum.:(
I live in Nova Scotia(15 mins from Halifax airport) and am wondering if there are any local guys that could gain me a little horsepower.

I currently have:
357 Husky
361 Stihl

Welcome! Someone will be along to help ya shortly. All of mine have been ported now. The builder I used is in my sig. There are a few really good builders here. A couple outstanding builders in TN>:rock:

tree monkey, mastermind or stumpy.

I'd also recommend Snelling, but he's gotten too sexy for his Dremel. :dizzy:

There are others here who I've surely missed. And there are even more others who know their onions but don't do it for hire.

Last edited:

I currently have:
357 Husky
361 Stihl

There is one guy real close to you that is capable but he is not a sponsor and I can't speak for him or give out his name but you keep brousing around these threads and I'm sure find him. That would save the international shipping issues for you too.....Good luck.. a ported saw is truly a joy to run!!!

There is one guy real close to you that is capable but he is not a sponsor and I can't speak for him or give out his name but you keep brousing around these threads and I'm sure find him. That would save the international shipping issues for you too.....Good luck.. a ported saw is truly a joy to run!!!

... what he said.

simon, simonized saws (canadian, west coast) does alot of saws for bc fallers theres several canadian builders on here, tho who are sponsors idk, or get your saw walkerized

I have yet a run a ported saw, But like you I'm considering it...

Just a warning. You run a ported saw and you'll be sending the whole bunch off to be done. They are very ADDICTIVE!

This is what I'm thinking...I better just save up enough to get them all done.
That way the stock one's don't become "Insanley-Jealous-Wall-Hangerrs".
Now that would be a crying shame...;)

Thanks for all the replies.

Now the decision on which saw to have done first (with my addictive personality its only a matter of time before they are all done). Leaning towards the 361.

Back