Looks like an early winter for the south!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus103363

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Usually, in mid to late November, when I take the dogs out in the morning, we find these mud bugs crawling around in the yard. Especially in the morning. Seems they know when its fixing to get cold and they are headed to some water.

f7277e29dd8437e55f8dbe360dae3f4f.jpg

Found this guy crossing the driveway this morning, and it's not November yet! Forecast is showing a low of 36 for Saturday night. Earliest I can remember for it to be down in the 30's in Louisiana. Mite just have to lite up the ole stove!

Thanks

Usually, in mid to late November, when I take the dogs out in the morning, we find these mud bugs crawling around in the yard. Especially in the morning. Seems they know when its fixing to get cold and they are headed to some water.

f7277e29dd8437e55f8dbe360dae3f4f.jpg

Found this guy crossing the driveway this morning, and it's not November yet! Forecast is showing a low of 36 for Saturday night. Earliest I can remember for it to be down in the 30's in Louisiana. Mite just have to lite up the ole stove!

Thanks
Which Weyerhaeuser?

My Dad worked in that mill in the late 60s,we lived in Dodson until '77. Still go eat fish there once in a while. Dodson will always be my home town.
It's still in the 80s out in the Gulf, but I can't wait to get back on land and enjoy the cooler weather.

I'm pumped up about this Halloween cold front! We are having a big Halloween party Saturday night (I know the day after, ha) and will have two fire pits roaring. I could feel the change in the temps here in Baton Rouge last night as the front pushed through.

I'm pumped up about this Halloween cold front! We are having a big Halloween party Saturday night (I know the day after, ha) and will have two fire pits roaring. I could feel the change in the temps here in Baton Rouge last night as the front pushed through.

Light, very light frost this morning here, serious frost in a day or two according to the weather guessers. Evening and morning fires now, still burning oddball pine junk and old oak uglies.

Well, here is a frightening article that might "unpump" you - let's hope it is not true! I'm ready, got lots of wood stacked and dry - but the great majority of folks out there won't be ready.....

http://drsircus.com/world-news/cold-climate-disaster-coming-way

My Dad worked in that mill in the late 60s,we lived in Dodson until '77. Still go eat fish there once in a while. Dodson will always be my home town.
It's still in the 80s out in the Gulf, but I can't wait to get back on land and enjoy the cooler weather.

Very cool! They do have some good fish & shrimp!

Thanks

Latest posts

Back