Looks like I'll Fire Up the Big Stove a Few More Times!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh snow on the ground here the past two mornings - forecast says we might get 4" of the stuff this afternoon. So still burning every day. This has been the wonkiest winter & 'spring' I have ever seen here.

Yep, May 18 and fire is rollin!

20150518_190611_zpsfab4ad9f.jpg

Yep, May 18 and fire is rollin!

20150518_190611_zpsfab4ad9f.jpg

Sweat city here, lean over to work on something, stream of sweat directly into eyeglasses....wind up using the stevie wonder method to work on stuff all the time hehehehe

Rained just enough this afternoon to turn the outside into tropical jungle steam heat...I already miss the cool breezes....

Had a front blowin thru, 30-45 mph wind and lows around 30 tonight. Tomorrow back in the high 50's and back to 70-80 later this week.

Although did burn up a couple dead starlings and a sparrow that were in the stove. Friggin birds....

Been pretty hot here for the time of year. It's about 8:30 PM and it's still 63* outside.

During the height of the day it's not too bad in the shade, maybe upper 60s, but in the sun, it's cooking!

I went to grab some stuff out my car and it was over 130* in there (couple years ago while working on the A/C I stuck a meat thermometer in the vent and I never took it out)

I've got a sunburn from working outside over the last couple days... neck, face and even my lips somehow. My arms are all mottled... looks like I have some knarly skin disorder, but was where I had dirt and grease... sun didn't get to those spots :laugh:

Last year I had my stove going most nights into mid June.... which is fairly normal.

Not unusual for here. Don't move here.

It is easier to figure out the days I don't have a fire going. I think that is 3 so far. I have one going this morning.

Huh? Turnkey keeps saying that global warming is burnin' y'all up in the PNW. And now you tell us you burn every day. You on the top of a mountain or somethin?

I cleaned the stove and put it to bed for the season yesterday. Last night it was mid 30's and not warming until Sunday. I'm pulling out a jacket to wear in the house because I will be damned if I am starting a fire. Like WS said. I'm friggin' done.

Latest posts

Back