Looks like I'll Fire Up the Big Stove a Few More Times!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was 75+ here up till Sunday. (Too darn hot!). Today I was thinking of making a fire, it's 60* in the house, 46* ouside, 80% humidity...

Been weird weather. I can't remember grass and leaves being in this early. My lawn is easily a foot tall in spots.

We had one yesterday or the day before, I can't remember. It was 54 and about 97% humidity - still had a couple of windows open, but the wife was cold. I still had a couple of dry small splits, so what the heck!

It was 92 degrees Saturday, 48 by Monday morning. Hasn't gotten above 52 all week. I have a giant pile of offcut dimensional lumber that would be great for taking the chill out, but I haven't bought my stove yet. :dumb2: long sleeves and huddling under the covers seems to be the best choice right now.

Procrastination gets expensive. Now is the time to buy stove while closeouts are around another month and everything will be back to full price. On a side note if you are not doing install yourself places get booked up fast come Aug. or so.

Procrastination gets expensive. Now is the time to buy stove while closeouts are around...
Don't forget about the new EPA regulations.
Non-compliant stoves are no longer being manufactured... retailers have until December to sell existing inventory. The model you may want could be gone in a few months, or even weeks... or it could be "changed" in some way to make it compliant. Some industry "experts" have stated that 80% of currently available (non-cat) stoves will not pass the new testing procedures... and that's just the first phase, it gets worse over the next few years.

If anyone has been thinking about a new wood-fired appliance of any sort (stove, furnace, boiler, etc.), right now, today, is the time... procrastination could mean you won't ever get it. At the very least, if you wait, you'll be paying a lot more for something else.

yea, I have the stove picked out, but it comes to the all important money factor. try to save up as I need the stove and the masonry chimney lined. Not going to get out of it cheap I suspect.

It was 92 degrees Saturday, 48 by Monday morning. Hasn't gotten above 52 all week. I have a giant pile of offcut dimensional lumber that would be great for taking the chill out, but I haven't bought my stove yet. :dumb2: long sleeves and huddling under the covers seems to be the best choice right now.

I will not light up. Roast chicken last night, pot roast tonight. Nice and comfy in the house with a slightly bulbous belly.

Latest posts

Back