Looks like 'wooding' is over for the winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Caught the late weather report tonight. One more day of good weather then rain (possibly snow also) for the next 6 days. We are already well into what should have been our wet season bu past week and a half have been all dry. Can't get into the wood lots when it is wet.

I do have a lot of brush piles to burn. I can walk in for that.

Where are you that snow is going to fly already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The current report is snow "higher elevations'. I am in eastern Washington at about 2,000'

?Already? I had to slow down due to poor visibily a week and a half ago. Snowing so hard...really snow mixed with rain but at the time the mix would have been 80% snow. That however is really rare down this low that early in the season. Mid November is about normal for the first "stay around" snow here.

I'm in a similar situation. Was hoping to get the last of the wood in before the rain gets here, won't dry up for months, the only hope is for the ground to freeze. Last year that just didn't happen. I won't be upset if the season is over or not even close but I won't waste my free time to slop around all winter just to make peanuts for grunt work.

In ne Washington, we're hoping the snow this weekend doesn't stay. Like to get a couple more loads in before winter shows up for good. Usually happens around Thanksgiving here

Rain/snow prediction has slipped a bit, now starts Wed evening so I have two more days to process that tree. I'm betting on 4 or 5 loads (F150 and willow green weighs like locust). I can only do 1 load/day so next sspring looks good to finish up. Snow WILL be down at my elevation and some areas "heavy snow" that will stick around.

Back