Lost my Mind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killed it today. Only did 6, close to home. Good day, made some purrty logs, all 30-34" Fir, the kind of stuff you love to walk through with full comp square at 40 thou on the rakers :cheers:

Almost forgot.....picking up a 3120 today with a 6 ft bar to send up to camp. Big spruce rippers for the Air Crane!

Well crap I didn't know I was loosing my mind when I switched back and forth.
At least now I know what is wrong with me! Lol
The biggest problem I have is when I switch to Stihl I miss my undercut low on the off side and when I switch to Husky I miss high. I takes me a while to adjust.

I'm with you on the full house, thinking about getting a raker grinder though. Not a big fan of taking them down on a 37" bar!

My thoughts exactly. Of course where do I find a good swiss cut file that is affordable? Probably just have to spend 50 on a dang file. The Madsens files cut for about two chains and the Stihls are not much better. I would like a raker grinder too. Probably one before a bar rail grinder.

Last edited:
Well crap I didn't know I was loosing my mind when I switched back and forth.
At least now I know what is wrong with me! Lol
The biggest problem I have is when I switch to Stihl I miss my undercut low on the off side and when I switch to Husky I miss high. I takes me a while to adjust.

The 66 is nice on lining up the face

Almost forgot.....picking up a 3120 today with a 6 ft bar to send up to camp. Big spruce rippers for the Air Crane!

I hate to say it, but if anything ever happened to Lindsey I would pry and beg you for a job until you couldn't stand to shoot me to get me off! LOL I am always thinking of my Northern brothers in da timber :cheers:

I hate to say it, but if anything ever happened to Lindsey I would pry and beg you for a job until you couldn't stand to shoot me to get me off! LOL I am always thinking of my Northern brothers in da timber :cheers:

Don't worry, you're going to get to take here with you.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. Of course where do I find a good swiss cut file that is affordable? Probably just have to spend 50 on a dang file. The Madsens files cut for about two chains and the Stihls are not much better. I would like a raker grinder too. Probably one before a bar rail grinder.

I've got the bar rail grinder, the only thing that's missing is the raker grinder. Been on the fence for awhile, but after switching back to full house, that's made up my mind! I hear you on the flat files.

LOL:cheers: We've got our fair share of gout though too!

Don't worry, you're going to get to take here with you.

That would be cool. Hope someday we can pull ahead and she can just hang it up for a few years and tramp with me :popcorn: That would be the life. She can sleep in, until I get off at 12 or 1 and then we could go bust some salmon on the evening bite. We are simple people that enjoy the good life in where we live and what we do. I consider my self the richest person I know. Seriously, and I am mean in the grand sceme of things. Cutting logs and busting nice fish after work is as good as life gets in a world that wants to breed ugliness and malice at times. We are fortunate people

That would be cool. Hope someday we can pull ahead and she can just hang it up for a few years and tramp with me :popcorn: That would be the life. She can sleep in, until I get off at 12 or 1 and then we could go bust some salmon on the evening bite. We are simple people that enjoy the good life in where we live and what we do. I consider my self the richest person I know. Seriously, and I am mean in the grand sceme of things. Cutting logs and busting nice fish after work is as good as life gets in a world that wants to breed ugliness and malice at times. We are fortunate people

Well said, Burv, I wish more people had your outlook on life.

Glad to see someone putting down wood in this country:greenchainsaw:

Yeah, I hear you. Don't know why, nothing's changed, but I'm not asking questions! Kinda nervous though, it's like waiting for the hammer to drop!

Hey Burvol,

I'd say you've got some decent coping skills. Your switching brands not beating up your neighbors! I know all about the weight of the world. 4 kids in 8 years, one full time job and two part time (sometimes full time) seasonal jobs to keep it all together. Just bust it out and do what you can. Work you can be proud of everyday. Give a damn to the negtive bull####. I like knowing I've got my stamp on things in the world.

I been going a little nuts myself as of late. Picked up some tree climbing gear from an old buddy of mine over the weekend. Never climbed in my life. I like the idea, but I'll never know until I try. The few removals from the ground I've done have beat the hell out of my normal pay.

Little Brother Burvol, have no fear for your sanity, other than that wee bit of an abberation with that old Stihl, you are doing ok. Keep in mind the things you can effect, those that you have control over, and the rest can ####off.
I'm bi-polar, I learned to weave a spiral between being berserk and plowing into the ground. That jaggedy up and down spikey trip most bi-polars live with is crap. It wasn't easy, my teens were a nightmare. Then I discovered that it was easier to play on my destructive nature, off to the woods I went, sharp steel in my hands. I could keep it on the up side for quite awhile, then have to withdraw to the ranch or somewhere quiet for a couple months.
So, Laddy, some people have no class, no awareness and that haven't figured out that you have killed them all several times in your mind.

Keep sawing.

Siren Song

It was that sound that drew you back... that sweet, distinctive, addictive, siren song of the 066. Lots of other saws sound good, but none sound THE SAME.

It was that sound that drew you back... that sweet, distinctive, addictive, siren song of the 066. Lots of other saws sound good, but none sound THE SAME.

Oh Wow! You have never heard a free breathing saw run have you? The choked whistling sound of a stopped up 66 is terrible.

Back