Lowe's vs. Home Depot for chainsaw chaps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't recall ever seeing chaps at Home Crapo or Lowes. You're wise to invest in a pair but I'd buy good ones from a site sponsor and use the GC for something else (ie bar oil??).

Don't buy Stihl chaps either. The straps are not sewn securely to the caps. Walk thru some brush and they snap and pull right off.

I have seen a Husqvarna "Kit" at Lowes that had hard hat face shield and chaps all included. Since I allready had mine I dind't look too close at it.

My locals Lowe's had a set of chaps for $55.I think they are these:
http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/node3254.aspx?nid=55191&pid=82829
I just bought myself a pair of Stihl's 9 ply today. While more expensive, they are still cheaper than my insurance deductible for a trip to the emergency room. I would have ordered from Labonville, but I felt guilty after the lady at the dealership unwrapped practically every pair in the store letting me try them on. Remember, it also depends on the hp of your saw as to how much protection you need. Personally. I'd pass on these and buy a better pair, but if it's these or none, I'm sure they are better than jeans.

I've had several from different manufacturers. Of the ones I've tried, the Labonville seem sturdier, better built, and more durable, and from their video, I don't see how they could get much better than that.

trying to answer original post

lowes' husqvarna chaps and the husqvarna dealer's husqvarna chaps were the same damned thing when i bought mine last winter in pa.

home depot i do not know about.

good luck.

The local Lowes stores here in Pa carry Husqvarna chaps, helmets with shield, and gloves. I think that Home Depot had helmets with shield, but no chaps.

plus i guess what really matters is i match with all husky stuff lol. she got me the helmit with the face screen too. i mean come on i wouldnt wanna be mismatched when im runnin my saw or anything like that lol. who knows what the animals would think.

LOL! I've got a Makita 6401, Husky Ear muffs, Stihl Chaps and a set of Home Depot safety glasses. I am a walking advertisement.....

:givebeer:

Welcome

There are a bunch of really smart guys here (not me) who can help you with anything to do with cutting wood. My only advise is as has been stated, get PPE and use it. I have the Labonville chaps and won't cut without them. I am sure the others are fine. Someone posted a film about PPE from the Govment, and it is great. I'm to lazy tonight to look for it, but it's worth a look see. JR

Latest posts

Back