LT15 for the hobbiest and part time business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyrt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Welcome sawyers,

my first personal mill is a 2007lt15 ihave found it great milling trees on my farm and for neighbors and their neighbors...

i mill anything to about a 30inch(diameter) log, anything bigger i simply cant with a chainsaw...
i am set up to mill a 16foot log and will be adding another section this spring because of a bigger demand for timber trusses..

to make a bit more profit on what i mill i have dry kilns planning and moulding available..i also sell my mill sides by the cord bundle...and the small bit of sawdust the mill produces i sell in 4x4x4 boxes

i do find the lt15 to bog down a bit on the big surfaces but am trying different tensions on the blade ..also i qwikly added a thumb swtch and pump for the water using a 300watt converter and the mills battery..(this is a must or turning on and off the water will drive u to drink)

please reply if u run a lt15 or somthing simular ....also thinking of tradeing in for a lt28w/trailer is there anyone out there running this

my website www.rockymountainventures.piczo.com
:chainsaw::givebeer::greenchainsaw::givebeer::chainsaw:

Last edited:
Welcome to the site dyrt. I recently purchased a trailered Norwood Lumberlite but havent had a chance to use it yet as i am working overseas. I finish my contract here (W. Africa) in a couple of weeks and will be back home for good after 4 years. I'll be working my mill mostly for personal needs but i am also looking at custom cutting timbers for a little pocket money. I havedone a little bit of chainsaw milling in the past but nothing to really speak of. There is another member on this site from your neck of the woods, I would bet that you probably know him, check out brmorgan. I'll check out your site.

Lt-15

Your water pump sounds great . I also run an LT-15 and since raising it to appx. 24" to log beds turning water on and off is not nearly as handy as when mill was closer to the ground. Could you share info about how you rigged water pump etc.? Thanks John

Latest posts

Back