Lucky i din't get hurt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KUBOTA OWNER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been screwing around with a husky 359 that has a sporatic oil problem. So I deside to run it with no chain but still ran the bar cover. Oiled like crazy but something sounded funny. I did have the clutch off but impacted it back on. -- So now I want to see what's making that different kinda noise, so I unbolt the cover and take off the bar. I start the saw back up and it's on fast idle when I look at the clutch and crack that throttle to take it off fast idle. That's when I notice that the clutch is out about a 1/2 inch
farther than it should be. It dawns on me what's happening and before i can shut the saw off the clutch comes off. --- I was lucky that it stayed together and just desided to "visit" a lot of different areas under two cars in the garage. The clutch drum was spinning under something for 15-20 seconds after I shut the saw off. Took me a while to find everthing.-----dumb ask!! ----Have anyone else done this?

Watched dad send a 350 husky clutch out into the garden about 20 yards from the shop door.. It happens :D Just be glad ya found the parts.

When I was a kid, I sent a poulan 5200 clutch racing across the yard 50-60 feet. That really got my attention.

been there done that too,,, wigglesworth is good about doing things like that too

Latest posts

Back