M-tronic Rumour?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I like the 353, have had one for several years..
We could probably hijack the thread talking about our Husky 353 saws. But, let's forget that and let everyone else rave about Stihl M-Tronics that develop problems and bog down in the cut. Been there and seen that. A sawyer showed it to me. The dealer had to replace the saw -- an MS 661 less than a year old. New technology is not always the solution.

We could probably hijack the thread talking about our Husky 353 saws. But, let's forget that and let everyone else rave about Stihl M-Tronics that develop problems and bog down in the cut. Been there and seen that. A sawyer showed it to me. The dealer had to replace the saw -- an MS 661 less than a year old. New technology is not always the solution.
Probably something brought on by government concerning pollution or something like that. I'm glad I have a lifetime supply of older saws.

Probably something brought on by government concerning pollution or something like that. I'm glad I have a lifetime supply of older saws.
Same here got over 100 runners and 50 or more builders. I stock more parts than my closest Stihl/Husky dealer. Before my computer crashed (Thanks Vista) wiped out my inventory saws & parts ( only had part of it backed up, my fault) I had over 30k retail just in parts. I'll be 70 in April unless I live to 120 won't get all my builders built.
Shep

Stihl has had air injection on the 241, 261, 362, and 441 for years.

But.....it was copied from Husqvarna.

Sorta like Husqvarna copied strato technology from RedMax.

Probably the reason Husqvarna bought Redmax in the first place. Think on this, the 562xp uses a zama carb for the auto tune system, Zama is owned by Stihl, there fore Husqvarna is giving Stihl business, oddly they use Wahlbro on the 550xp. I was not a big fan of the color.puter based saws myself, recently I have bought a 2253 and a 562xp, booth being ported by Randy, why I don't trust them as a logging saw for durability, I do believe they will make great firewood saws, but my 346 will never leave here, just in case.

The mechanic at my local husqvarna dealer said that husqvarna helped develope M-tronic, or at least the technology from Autotune made its way into M-tronic, so Husqvarna gets a cut from every Stihl sold with M-tronic. Is this true? This dealer in particular seems to have prudy close ties with the folks and reps of Husqvarna over in Sweden, but the mechanic does come across as the kind of guy who makes big claims which might be exaggerated. Overall they are very trustworthy businessmen, it's just the mechanic who may be a little proud, which makes me wonder about all his claims. What do you figure?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
I heard that Husqvarna is going to be using the Stihl Floppy Caps under licence lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not exactly chainsaw but in days gone by when I was an apprentice (so long ago I try not to think about it) cars of different brands all had their own body styles & mechanical configurations An old engineer nearing retirement said " in the future you will go to the dealer & buy a a certain size of car & then go to Woolworth/Walmart & buy a set of badges ie Ford GM BMW whatever & fix em on, the point he was making was that a certain design /shape was the best so to have the least drag the end result would be much the same, so to chainsaws the best design for power weight ratio & the best in other terms will be known & adopted with slight differences if patented so you will end up with saws from the various makers being very similar for given engine size; as design zzz gives the best results it will be produced as near as " Dammit" by all

Back