Mac 1-72 / David Bradley

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me? Im cheap. We picked up one UG4 for 50$ and the other cost a little over 100$. And im not sure on the Mac, only big one we have we worked it out in trade for labor. But wouldnt be scared to go 100 for a good runner and in good condition. I know more money has been paid for some, but they wont be mine unless they are really hosses

You hit a homerun on that Mac. Carefully remove the muffler, disassemble, and clean it off then spray it with high temp exhaust paint, then reinstall. Those Town & Country mufflers are worth as much as the whole saw. I have a 1-72 with one and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!

Those Town & Country mufflers are worth as much as the whole saw.

What is so special about them, cpr? Just hard to come by? What were the other types of mufflers available on them?

BTW...$75 each...:chainsawguy:

Cant wait to see them at the next GTG

Yes Sir, I do concure!!!!!!!:biggrinbounce2: I am hoping to get some time with them before that happens. All of my saws are gonna need some love after sitting on the shelf for a year...

What is so special about them, cpr? Just hard to come by? What were the other types of mufflers available on them?

BTW...$75 each...:chainsawguy:

Very hard to come by. The "flipper" baffles usually rusted out so finding an intact one is very rare. You did good, Town & Country mufflers have sold for that much alone, not that I'd part with it.

Hey Todd.....................are you back in the States with us yet? Itching for an update on your saws. That 1-72 is calling to me too. Keep me in mind if you decide to part with it................not that you're gonna be wanting to get rid of it once you see and run it...:ices_rofl:

I tell you what you been back here what 5 minutes and your working deals like this. I'm going to fire LP he ain't looking hard enough. Todd those are two very nice saws and when you do run um you'll like um. The Sears UG4 we have is a big muscle saw, it's hard to choke it out. We even put a bar on it twice as long as the one it came with and it stihl just keeps on grunting and a digging.

As for that Mac it's a hoss too. They are fun to run and have there on sound to um. I can be somewhere else on the farm and tell what LP's running from the sound of it. You might not win neighbor of the year awards though. Have fun with um and it's good to have you back.
Joe

Hey Joe, well I still havn't seen those saws yet, but when I do yall will be the first to know... Videos and pics!!!!

Sawbid, if that McCulloch comes up for sale please let me know. I may be greedy but a 1-72 like that just needs to have a good home along side lots of his buddies. That is one good looking machine and chopper can just...well his opinion doesn't count here.

At the present time I have only the 1-70 and 1-71 models on hand, but would love to round out the collection. I do have a 1-85 (gear drive version of the 1-75) and that thing will flat out haul.

The DB is very nice as well, there is an entire other group of DB collectors out there that might be interested in a piece in that condition. I don't know if they have their own site somewhere but it might be worth checking into if you decide not to keep it.

Mark

Latest posts

Back