Mac Eager Beaver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this post in searching, I would also be interested in this topic of an automatic oiler.

Would it require a different fuel/oil tank to match pick-ups or just a crank driven sending unit.

On a second note, could a person run a line from the muffler to pressurize the tank and pump oil out like a hot-saw would?

Last edited:
I found this post in searching, I would also be interested in this topic of an automatic oiler.

Would it require a different fuel/oil tank to match pick-ups or just a crank driven sending unit.

On a second note, could a person run a line from the muffler to pressurize the tank an pump oil out like a hot-saw would?

I have know idea, but I hope that someone does.

What is a hot-saw?

In reed engine saws it was easy to use the positive pressure from the crankcase to run an oiler....case in point the early Homelte XL and Super2

Piston port motors have little positive pressure in the crankcase except at ilde which remove that possibility.

In a muffler can as fitted to a regular chainsaw there is not enough of a pulse UNLESS you use a reed on the outlet of the can ala some Macs

You would run into heat issues then but it is possible and may not be a bad idea for a project I am in the middle of

put it in trash go get a reel saw tom trees

Why it's a great saw for notching fence posts and other small building projects.

Not every job calls for a 361.

I just got a Wildthing given to me for nothing.

I'd like a 350 or a 361.

I keep a couple of Eager Beavers around at all times

The single greatest name for a chainsaw in the history of chainsaws

AFAIK all those saws have auto oilers. My Mac 110 from 1978 has auto and manual oiling.

I keep a couple of Eager Beavers around at all times

The single greatest name for a chainsaw in the history of chainsaws

:ices_rofl: :D +1

(I've got one in the shop and one up stairs.........................):hmm3grin2orange:

That is not the case with the little one I've got. It has a wire-like metal pump lever that reaches from the clutch side to the flywheel side near the handle to pump oil.

Mine has that also, but it is to supplement the auto oiler...

Mine has that also, but it is to supplement the auto oiler...

That is good news. I haven't had the saw running due to a bad fuel line and I had to tear it 95% apart to get to it. I saw the manual assist pump and didn't even look to see if it had an auto oiler.

PES+ said:
All the "Beavs" had auto oilers with manual assist.........are you sure that is a Beaver?

Oh, I know a beaver when I see one.

Back