Mac T suspension

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my latest Chinese hat is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, a big safety hazard.. I found a Mac t for pretty cheap and am wondering if anyone has or knows where to get the suspension? It will be here in a few weeks, untill then il have to put up with a hat that leaves the suspension on your head when you lift the hat quickly. The rivets are way off in tolerance. It sounds like I have a damn bag of cans on my head. What a sorry excuse for safety equipment.
Last no name "skull bucket" I had split my head open, RIGHT where a 6 point had would have saved my scalp...
If Bailey's won't give me my money back the ####ing thing is going in an undercut...

They're available elsewhere. . . But the 4-point I bought for my ebay Mac-T was from my local Stihl dealer.

They had ratcheting or not, and it was like 19 bucks?

I went with the ratcheting suspension.

yep locale saw shop keeps a few in stock, used one to modify an old 6 point mak t to 4 point ratcheting, haven't been able to find the 6 point version though, the other I used the suspension out of an army helmet, works pretty good other than my head is to big for that one... probably fits most people just fine.

Madsen's is where I've been getting mine - 4pt., $8 or so. Stayz-on is the brand, I think. And got a handful at a friend's during my last trip to Idaho.

I've got the 4-pt Mac-T and the 6-pt china made Skullbucket from several years ago. No problems with either.

I have a Mac-T 4 point and a plastic yellow one from the forest circus. Both are full brim,but the Mac-T has a few dents in it. Had it for over 20 yrs. now. thanks for the Madsens lead.

ordered me a new catalog this morning! Thanks-forgot all about Madsen's for some reason .Better than the other source in Ca. imo. :rock:

Latest posts

Back