Made a nice haul today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stopped by my dealer to chat this afternoon. I came home with a truck load of trimmers and saws. Some are for inspection/repair, some they gave to me. If any of them need much, they won't be repaired, and will likely be mine.

1163668620_f8pju-M.jpg

1163671617_HuELP-M.jpg

1163671739_tbceu-M.jpg

The Echo 440EVL, 028 WB, and dirty MS180 are mine. The other MS180 is for inspection/repair.

440EVL
1163668742_63fMD-M.jpg

1163668912_r8ZkF-M.jpg

Looks like a pristine saw under the dirt!
028WB
1163669052_paga6-M.jpg

1163669189_e2uDx-M.jpg

If that 028 has the interrupter style chain brake, could you please post up some pics of it? I have seen it on the IPL, but never had one in the shop.

I sold a clean 180c (which needed a new jug 'n plug) for $75.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170559862750

I suppose I could have fixed and sold it covering my cost in parts, but ended up selling it as-is. I've seen Brad's turn-around time for repairs and mods, and suppose that in a similar situation he could have it repaired in under 60minutes - hopefully making money on the deal.

I love the eBay Completed Items search (for determining values), but wish they would go back to a 60 day look-back again.

I don't like running trimmers

I usually cheat & use glyphosphate/roundup spray to keep the weeds down
where the ZTR mower won't reach them.
It pays to think ahead, my mower needs a tire fixed & tiller needs a carburetor kit,
& have overhanging limbs that need work with the pole saw before spring sets in.

You Theif! Good looking old 028 there. If you need anything for fs66 let me know. Ive got some stuff for those old trimmers and many parts are NLA

If that 028 has the interrupter style chain brake, could you please post up some pics of it? I have seen it on the IPL, but never had one in the shop.

One you see one, they are hard to forget. Not one of the better ideas from Stihl.
Nice haul, Brad. Looking forward to the ported Echo thread, and the aftermath thereof.

atvguns asked:
"How do you do a search like that?"

On the eBay page, and to the right of the green "Search" button, you'll see a link that says "Advanced."

(You'll have to be logged into your eBay account for this to work, btw)

Put your search string into the field labeled "Enter keywords or item number" AND make sure the "Completed listings" checkbox is checked.

After the results are shown, you can then have them sorted high-to-low, low-to-high, etc. to get a rough idea of how much an item is selling for. You'll get a bunch of irrelevant results (as you would probably expect), but when you order the results from high-to-low (and if your searching on a particular model of saw), the high ones will be almost exclusively complete working saws, followed by parts saws, followed by miscellaneous parts, pieces and even some girl's underwear (which usually happens when I search for "Husqvarna") hahahaha

Nice haul. I have had a few just like that. Still have parts for a bunch of trimmers if you need something.

You can donate that 180 to me if you want. I believe I have a good slug and jug laying around. haha

Nice. Why would that 180 not be worth messing with? I like playing with saws too, send it to me?

Latest posts

Back