making it your saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Im still new to this chainsaw thing, but with some tinkering Im learning a lot. I bought a 034 super. not positive how old, but guessing 12 or so. ran it some, cut with it a little, and checked out the piston before buying it. no compression testor but the piston still had the milling lines going horizontal arround the piston with no scores that i can see throught the exhaust port. the cylener and piston look really clean, along with the rest of the saw. what bar and chain set up will maximize this saws abilities, it currently has 325 chain on a 16 in bar.

My smaller saw (husky 40) has a 16 with 325 also. am i realy gaining anything besides engine size with the 034? should i go to a 3/8 chain on a 18 in bar, or stick with what i got. the chain is about shot so either way i need a chain, or 3.

ill try to get a pic of it in the next day or so

My dealer said the .063 doesn'tr wear out the bart as bad, but i have a feeling its just cause he is bout the only one around who stocks .063 and he wants you to come to him for chains. I had him swap my new 460 to a .050 bar so i could use my old chains, and find chains easier.

Latest posts

Back