Makita 14" circular saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I decided to offer my mongo circular saw here before going to the trading post. You guys would probably appreciate it more. When I bought it I was told some Amish Timber Frame builders made it, or had it made, from a big chop saw. The used it for big joinery. I never used it and don't do much milling any more. You pull the trigger on it and it has some torque. The guys I got it from were doing Demo work and have a carbide tipped blade on it. I think it turned out to be way too much saw for them. Any way, I'd like to get $150 plus shipping for it. If interested send me a PM. Thanks, Joe.
oEa95CM.jpg

QHgg4iH.jpg

3KaMMXt.jpg

Just a heads up, that saw has a non-ferrous cutting blade suitable for things aluminium, brass, plastic etc. This type of blade has near zero to negative raked teeth which is necessary for cutting these materials otherwise a positive raked teeth will dig in too far. It will cut ply and thin wood but it will be slow cutting. In thick wood it will be really slow.

I cut a lot of ally with my table saw so I leave this type of blade on this saw and it reminded me every time I go to cut wood with it that is is really sloe - nice finish though.

Just a heads up, that saw has a non-ferrous cutting blade suitable for things aluminium, brass, plastic etc. This type of blade has near zero to negative raked teeth which is necessary for cutting these materials otherwise a positive raked teeth will dig in too far. It will cut ply and thin wood but it will be slow cutting. In thick wood it will be really slow.

I cut a lot of ally with my table saw so I leave this type of blade on this saw and it reminded me every time I go to cut wood with it that is is really sloe - nice finish though.
Thanks Bob, I thought I mentioned that, but I went back and I did not. Thanks for the good eye.

Latest posts

Back