Makita 6401 Bar Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtnodya

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a 20in. bar for my 6401 but am having a hard time figuring out what bars I can use. Can anybody help me (Oregon, Husky, etc..?)???????????

Last edited:
Cool that's what I needed to know. I just want to get a bar so I can run this thing after my mod to the muffler. I looked at husky bars earlier because I already have a 20in. chain but didn't know which ones would/wouldn't work.

I should add that I've had the best luck, in terms of fit, with Windsor SpeedTip and GB Titanium. They're right on with a 7-tooth rim and a 72dl chain, and have enough room to run an 8-tooth, too (don't waste your time with an 8-tooth on the 6401!). I am currently running Cannon/WoodsmanPro and it is almost at the end of its adjustment with a fresh 72dl chain and a 7-tooth rim, and would probably prefer 71dl loops instead.

Last edited:
I should add that I've had the best luck, in terms of fit, with Windsor SpeedTip and GB Titanium. They're right on with a 7-tooth rim and a 72dl chain, and have enough room to run an 8-tooth, too (don't waste your time with an 8-tooth on the 6401!). I am currently running Cannon/WoodsmanPro and it is almost at the end of its adjustment with a fresh 72dl chain and a 7-tooth rim, and would probably prefer 71dl loops instead.

Where's the best place to get a Windsor? I'm guessing off the web ... ?

orange bars

What are those orange titanium bars? Are they made by GB? And where can I get them?

Yep they are made by GB

I think cuttinscott sells them,,,Yes Titainium,,, Check the sponsors out somebody here sells them,,,, My Baby Bro bought one off of here for His Timberwolf firewood processor,,,,I will talk to him tomorrow and ask him who he got it from:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

I was wanting one for my 385, when I get it. I want to choose between oregon, GB. Are the GB bars still orange, or are the white now?

I was wanting one for my 385, when I get it. I want to choose between oregon, GB. Are the GB bars still orange, or are the white now?

The GB titaniun CN40 bars are Orange in color, The Pro Top's from GB are White

We Stock the GB Ti bars for a 385 or 7900's in 18",20",24",28",and 32"

Scott

thanks

The GB titaniun CN40 bars are Orange in color, The Pro Top's from GB are White

We Stock the GB Ti bars for a 385 or 7900's in 18",20",24",28",and 32"

Scott

Thanks, cuttinscott! I'll probably buy it from you if I don't find some place around me that stocks them.:hmm3grin2orange: ;) :biggrinbounce2:

Back