Makita 6401 deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
Reaction score
I went to Home Depot today just to see if they had any good used Makita 6401's for a good price so i look around but dont see any so i ask the guy at the counter he says nope none for sale however you can buy everything we rent out brand new so i say ok well how much for the Makita 6401 so he looks in their catalog of equpiment and says well its a little expensive but its $472 so i said i want the price of the 6401 so he shows me the catalog and it was the price of it so i about ---- myself and said ok i will take 2 so next week i will be a happy camper with a screaming machine and one is getting the big bore kit.:rock:

I did the same with HD. A week after I ordered it, HD called and said they were using an outdated catalog and the price was $850. I actually looked at the catalog I ordered it from and the prices were supposed to be good until 07/01/2011. This was in May, 2011. I ended up with 2 used Makita 6401's for $300 from the same store. Keeping my cool did pay off in the long run.

I did the same with HD. A week after I ordered it, HD called and said they were using an outdated catalog and the price was $850. I actually looked at the catalog I ordered it from and the prices were supposed to be good until 07/01/2011. This was in May, 2011. I ended up with 2 used Makita 6401's for $300 from the same store. Keeping my cool did pay off in the long run.

I experienced the same last year this time.

I left HD and went to the Dolmar Dealer and bought a Dolmar for $590 but they have gone up in price since then. I have also added a few goodies to mine.

attachment.php

I wen t through the same thing as w8ye last may(ish) The first Home Depot called 3 days later saying that they could no longer get that model and that the price had gone up. They did offer me a VERY used rental saw for $150...I got them down to $125. I went to another location and they honored the price on the 6421.. As has been said, the price was only valid until May 2011.

I highly doubt you'll be getting that saw.

I could care less about your punctuation or spelling . I was able to understand you just fine . But I am afraid the others are right about the price . I went through the exact same thing after I read a post another member made about a great price he was getting at HD. The new saw price ended being higher than the Dolmar Dealer . So I am still waiting for a rental to come up for sale . But I hope they will honor what they quoted you and you get the saws . Keep us updated

...I read a post another member made about a great price he was getting at HD. The new saw price ended being higher than the Dolmar Dealer.

Thats the way it is here too. I checked with HD about the Makita version of the 420 and to order it in was over $200 more than dealers sell for. Nuts to that.

wats the deel with punkuashun spelin gramer i dont undur stand y it maters too any one if folks kan make since uf the post thats watt maters it sounds like home depo gived there kawst not wat the saw shood sail for be paysheent a god deel weel come yur way sum day i havnt had ane luk at homedeepo butt i want givup hopeen

wats the deel with punkuashun spelin gramer i dont undur stand y it maters too any one if folks kan make since uf the post thats watt maters it sounds like home depo gived there kawst not wat the saw shood sail for be paysheent a god deel weel come yur way sum day i havnt had ane luk at homedeepo butt i want givup hopeen

Let the above be a lesson to all .... you don't need punctuation, spelling or grammar if you have a great butt. :msp_tongue:

Let the above be a lesson to all .... you don't need punctuation, spelling or grammar if you have a great butt. :msp_tongue:

You mean to say as long as you show some great butt as I highly doubt that is him in the avatar.... at least I hope it isn't...

You mean to say as long as you show some great butt as I highly doubt that is him in the avatar.... at least I hope it isn't...

No, that's not my butt in my avatar. Even if it was I wouldn't admit it because one needs to be careful around some of the fellows from TN & KY, they seem to have a peculiar interest :msp_love: in other guy's underwear and butts :msp_laugh:.

ines sainz - Google Search

Ok you guys were right HD called and said that was an old price however they will honor that price only on 1 saw not 2 but offered to sell be a lightly used one for $225 and i can pick between 3 of them so im gonna go that route so i didnt totally get screwed and actually am saving about $300

Ok you guys were right HD called and said that was an old price however they will honor that price only on 1 saw not 2 but offered to sell be a lightly used one for $225 and i can pick between 3 of them so im gonna go that route so i didnt totally get screwed and actually am saving about $300

Good deal.

You are lucky, HD only wanted to sell me a new Makita for $100 more than what I could buy a new Dolmar for.

Back