Makita dcs 520i where to find parts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvb1130

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have this makita dcs 520i the recoil has messed up on me it looks like the retaining washer circling has popped off and I can't find it the recoil pulley also has a fairly large crack.

I am looking for parts but am having a hard time finding them online. I also need an air filter the last person who owned it put a scouring pad in there lol.

I just want the small parts I need not the whole recoil.

7cb5e20f585708264b9cde408850b192.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just try getting the parts from a Dolmar/Makita dealer!

I am not sure to which Dolmar the Makita DCS520i aquals to, but I think it is either a Dolmar 111 or 115 - and these saws parts are still listed awailable here in Europe.
As a matter of fact I can still purchase those saws new from Croatian Dolmar dealers.

EBay also seems to list some parts for Makita DCS520i saws.

Get an IPL, figure out the part numbers You need and search by them!
It will make things easier as Dolmar and Makita part numbers are mostly identical.

EDIT:
If the Makita DCS520i is a Dolmar 111 or 115, then the whole starter assembly's part number is 027160010 - of course this would be the part number for a Dolmar red starter assy!

The washers part number is 924108410 , and the safety washer/clip number is 929108080 - these should be identical to Makita part numbers as these parts don't distinguish neither Makita nor Dolmar.

Find your nearest Dolmar dealer and ask them if they can help you out. IF you don't have any luck you can contact me and we will see if we can set you up. I am a Dolmar and Makita Dealer.

Small parts like washers and safety clips/circlips tend to interchange among a wider range of saw lines whilst maintaining the same part number.

I found a elusive washer and a needle cage that are NLA for my PS-6400 & PS-7900 listed as available among PS-9010 parts - go figure!

As said, a good Dolmar/Makita dealer will be able to help You out.

I'd help You out, but shipping costs would make it a pricey endeavor for just a few small parts.

Good luck sourcing the needed parts! :)

So I gave the dolmar, stihl, echo etc dealer a buzz today. He said he will have to get back with me in monday.

I asked him about the recoil parts but I don't know how helpful he will be he didn't know makita and dolmar were practically the same I think from what I have gathered is he is managing the shop for his dad.

I just tried once more to figure out whether the Makita DCS520i is a Dolmar 111 or a Dolmar 115 and couldn't find any straight forward information.

But it doesn't really matter because the Dolmar's 111 & 115 share the same platform, thus they share most parts.
It seems to be a quite big "family" (saw line) that includes following saw models :
Dolmar: 109 ; 110 ; 111 ; 115 ; 51 ; PS-43 ; PS-52 ; PS-540
Makita: DCS520i ; DCS52 ; DCS431

Note: Check Your PM inbox.

I just tried once more to figure out whether the Makita DCS520i is a Dolmar 111 or a Dolmar 115 and couldn't find any straight forward information.

But it doesn't really matter because the Dolmar's 111 & 115 share the same platform, thus they share most parts.
It seems to be a quite big "family" (saw line) that includes following saw models :

I checked on Makita's site and Dolmar You are righ all of the above saws use the same recoil parts.

DCS430/431 = 109/109 Happy Start
DCS520i = 111i
DCS5200i = 115i
DCS540 = PS-540

PS-43 = 109
PS-52 = 111

Awesome you guys are great I should be hearing back from the dealer today. So are all 111i parts the same as the 520i

More or less, yes they should be the same.

The rear handle/gas tank, case half's, AF & cylinder covers, clutch cover, as well as the starter assembly part numbers are most likely different due to different coloring - but the parts itself should be fully interchangeable.

You need to be careful. There are 2 recoil styles on this series saw. A pin-wheel lock style and a traditional cup and metal pawls. Your 520i should have the cup and pawl style.

Pinwheel flywheel common to 111i and 115i and older chassis dolmars.
!BYD1P)wCGk~$(KGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKflZBWM-!~~_35.JPG

Cup and metal pawl flywheel.
chainsawparts2_3451049_large.jpg

Link to IPL for part numbers. These part numbers will be for the more common cup and pawl starter.
http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/dolmarpartslist995700064-2.pdf

Post back what parts you think you need and I'll cross reference them to ebay sales or 166 might have NOS parts on hand for you.

Trust me you want to walk into the dealer with the parts numbers you need. Even then, I have found that parts are taking forever to get into local dealer hands. Your best bet is to go with someone that has them on hand, and can ship them direct to your door.

Well I hope my dealer knew what he was doing because I spent 45 bucks yesterday for the washer clip and air filter and carb kit.

Well I hope my dealer knew what he was doing because I spent 45 bucks yesterday for the washer clip and air filter and carb kit.

hope your dealer is quicker than mine. I have been waiting 5-6 weeks on a couple cases of bar oil.

hope your dealer is quicker than mine. I have been waiting 5-6 weeks on a couple cases of bar oil.
I have switched to a German Dolmar dealer/shop due to the Croatian one claiming 14 days wait time, being scarce on given information and because of over inflated prices on most items.
I had two successful dealings with said German shop and received both my orders within 5 days (including weekend days)!

Shipping is 4 times higher then from the Croatia based dealer, but it levels out nicely if I make a purchase big enough.
On an order over a certain value I even save some money! ;)

I am amazed how simple purchasing Dolmar items can be without a single phone call or email communique! :)
Hadn't I take the step switching dealers I'd still spend hours and days sending inquiries and waiting for responses - and hoping that I actually get the information I asked for. :nofunny:

I concur, having a good dealer is the most important thing when purchasing parts and items! :clap:

I hope so too. Stihl stuff I can get quick usually 1 to 2 days if it needs ordered. Bryan equipment the distribution hub for our area is only 30 minutes from my house so all my dealers get stuff quick.

Prices can vary alot though between dealers and most of them seem like they have never worked on a saw at all.

We shall see about these
Makita parts the guy said he ordered them.

Back