Makita EK7651H help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroncoRN

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Picked up this concrete/chop saw to tinker with. This thing has the automatic compression release built in. My question is: Can I test compression putting a drill/socket where starter would go? (Its missing starter recoil - which I ordered).

Also anyone have any experience with this type of saw. Its a four stroke concrete saw.

I think you can spin it backwards to test compression, which is clockwise.
I've heard of people starting a saw with a drill.
I'm not sure if it might start up and spin the drill causing a knot on your head though. lol

I've started a 5000 watt generator with a drill before, just didn't know if it would work for a chain/chop saw. It looks to be in really good shape. Just missing recoil, gas cap, and oil cap.

And if anyone knows I wonder if I could swap a P/C from a 7301 on there if need be???

If you can spin it fast enough, it could start.
However, if it stays hooked up to the drill and accelerates, you might want to have a buddy "video it", -just in case something happens.
So you can post it on YouTube if it flips you in the noggin. ;)
(This is @BroncoRN... welcome to "Jackass" ....and this is Starting a 5hp Saw with a Drill....)
A 7301 is a two stroke made by dolmar... soooo....no, it won't work.

Back