Man at hospital has chainsaw in neck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That story is on as I type this. Guy is real lucky!!

I worked at a company that shares a building with that same outfit.

Probably a PINCH situation caused the kickback? Safety chain did not help from the pinch situation. The impulse brake probably worked in this case?

The chain is apart! Did it break or did the crew take it apart?

The hardest kick back I ever experienced was actually a pinch. It wasn't safety chain.

I think you folks have been had... How would a saw get imbedded in someone's neck? The cut would be far too jagged and shallow to ever hold a saw in.

Let me understand this... Per the article that SAWMIKAZE posted a link to it was stated that the saw cut 2" into his neck. Somehow the saw was running while against his neck, was shut off while still cutting, remained in his neck and then required removal of the power head? I have been cut by a saw, it is instantaneous and there is no way that an operator would have kept it against his body and fumbled for the on off switch. The article claims that he is 21 years old yet has 6 years of tree trimming experience???

Bogus...

I call BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would you call BS. I know these guys. Do you think they stuck a chainsaw in their guys neck, then got with one of our areas biggest trauma units to get free advertising.

Oh now I get it. It was the hospital who put him up to it.

Latest posts

Back