Mans best friend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmnut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
"Adirondack" Patches, 11 years old died on 1/2/07, protected his friends no matter what. hit by two cars and walked away, 187 staples across his chest from a weed-wacker with a brush blade, no sweat, sewed up too many times to count because he really hated coyotes, tried to eat every cat he ever saw(successful on many occasions), loved all brands of beer, even Matts! One time he ate most of a 50 lb bag of day old doughnuts in the back of the truck on the way to hunting camp.(doughnuts were meant for a friends pigs) Man that dog could hunt! He will be missed. Cancer was the only thing he couldn't beat.

Last edited:
I';ve had my dog thru 10 years of thickandthin. It will hurt to lose him when he goes. I hope you find another.

Sorry for your lose.

Anyone that has dogs always remembers that one special dog. For me it was my first boxer Josie (your avatar), she pretty much lived up to her namesake. She liked people but anything else was fair game. Like your dog I lost Josie to medical problems. Again sorry about your lose.

handsome fella

sounds like he was a rugged fella. sorry for your loss.
nothing better than hanging with your dog. rides together. you name it.
man i have often come home from a long day at work and would lay down with my dog in his bed on the floor. only to wake up at like 2-3 in the morning with him in my bed and me still on the floor.

i love what a dog offers. again sorry

oldirty

bobbi

Sorry to hear about your dog...but lets all look at the bright side and remeber the good times....this here is bobbi she is my first dog...showed up at the front door and never went away....someone dumped her off 20 lbs underweight and had a collar on and no tags.....no calls to the vets and 10 days later she is mine. Alot of money and alot of work but worth every second. She is now coming up on 3 and we have many more years and lots of trees and firewood to cut up together....granted all she does is grab small pieces of wood and scatter them around the lawn all day that i then have to go pick up but she is happy as a claim in high tide.....also a report on her weight...she is now....how can i put this plum..... View attachment 43721

View attachment 43722

All dogs go to Heaven.

Sorry about your loss.
I do believe GOD has given us these friends to make us happy, when we're feeling down. I don't mean to preach or anything, but I really do believe you will see him again, on the other side. I'm sure this friend of yours has changed your life forever. ;) I wish you well!!

Dogs

Sorry about your loss.I know what your going thru.Looks like he had some rotti in him.I lost my last dog in 1995 and it took me till last year to get another.He just turned a year old in december.And is worse than the kids but he will grow out of it i hope.Hope you can find another to replace him but i know its hard good luck.I will post a couple of my pups pics he is a pain in the ass.:biggrinbounce2:
Later RCI

Sorry about your loss.I know what your going thru.Looks like he had some rotti in him.I lost my last dog in 1995 and it took me till last year to get another.He just turned a year old in december.And is worse than the kids but he will grow out of it i hope.Hope you can find another to replace him but i know its hard good luck.I will post a couple of my pups pics he is a pain in the ass.:biggrinbounce2:
Later RCI

Nice looking rotti! We are going to look for a rott pup soon, any ideas where to look are welcome. Patches was a pure Black and Tan coonhound, around 100 lbs. and about 29" tall at the shoulders. Thanks for the pics!

if your thinking rotti..you might like this guy

just a great dog the american bulldog.
good with kids, loves the family, can smell "weird" on people, great athletic dog.
wont let a stranger in the house if you dont know who it is.
i know it is a biased opinion but i think its one of the better breed of dog.

a couple different bloodlines too so you can choose which one you want.

oldirty

Last edited:
American Bulldog

man i wish i could remember more info for ya about these dogs. try to google it. i think LB is from the johnson bloodline. i was looking for a certain type of dog when i was in the market and of course the rotti, and mastiff came to mind but one day i saw a special on animal planet about the American Bulldog and was sold after that. one thing you gotta worry about is the breeding. my guy has hip dysplasia but we've kept up on the medicine (glucosimine and bufferin) he gets the glucos and bufferin in the morning in a peanut butter and bread snack and another bufferin in the evening. i try to restrict too much of his running but he still has a great time.

great dog and better friend.

oldirty

Hip Dysplasia

Thats why you should only buy a dog from a code of ethics breeder.You would have gotten a guaranteed contract that your dog would not inherit hip dyslpasia.:deadhorse: Thats just my opinion.You will pay more for the dog but you don't get all the problem associated with bad breeding's.
Later RCI

Truly sorry about your loss... I know how ya feel. I have had a few dogs in my life time and Every time they proved to be my most loyal friends... I enjoyed there company and cherish all the good times and silly lessons that they taught me. I have always had a hot temper, and I would come home madder than a hornet sometimes and the wife would run for cover... My dogs would be the ones that would still be there for me no matter what... I know your sorrow and have felt your feelings of loss. Time will mend it and hopefully one day you will find another (( Damn Good )) dog that can fill that empty space.... P.S. the was a fine looking dog ya had. Best wishes..:cheers:

Thats why you should only buy a dog from a code of ethics breeder.You would have gotten a guaranteed contract that your dog would not inherit hip dyslpasia.:deadhorse: Thats just my opinion.You will pay more for the dog but you don't get all the problem associated with bad breeding's.
Later RCI

Please explain (( code of ethics breeders.....)) Are you refering to the AKC and or UKC??

Please explain (( code of ethics breeders.....)) Are you refering to the AKC and or UKC??

Code of ethic breeders are breeders who screen their dogs.Before breeding a pair of dogs a breeder is going to breed they will have their dogs tested.This includes but is not limited to heart hips eyes ears you name it.That way if there is problem found that is inherited you don't breed the dogs period:deadhorse: .Thats why a code of ethics breeder charges so much for their dogs.These test are all very expensive.;)
Later RCI

Back