Massey Ferguson runs but wont drive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a fuse box ?? check for bad connections, do an electrical trace on the safety switches first, your owners maunal will tell you where thay all are, Is there an electrical fuel shut off near the injector pump ?? Check all connections, new units have the tendency to come loose.

Last edited:
Jughead500 may be right.
Pull the fuel line off the primer pump or wherever it goes , turn on the fuel tap and see how much diesel comes out of the fuel line.
I had a hire diesel welder once that hardly ran. I used an oxy / acetylene torch, the oxy jet to blow into the fuel line as no compressor where I was. Sure enough you could hear the crud come out.
With your cold temps, some crud may have half solidified around the suction outlet.
It may give it enough diesel to start but is insufficient when under load ( in gear )
When it is running, can you rev it up ?
Hope you sort it out
Wayne

I called the dealer this morning and explained what was going on, without even hesitating he said "seat safety switch is frozen", he said I could either bypass it or take the seat off and bring it inside to warm up. So I ran down to the jobsite snd took the seat off. Its by the fire now, I got my fingers crossed this works!

Very happy to say it worked! Can't believe it was that simple! Thanks for everyones suggestions, I definetly learned a few things.

I called the dealer this morning and explained what was going on, without even hesitating he said "seat safety switch is frozen", he said I could either bypass it or take the seat off and bring it inside to warm up. So I ran down to the jobsite snd took the seat off. Its by the fire now, I got my fingers crossed this works!

See told you so! lol! Glad it worked out and your back in action!:D

Latest posts

Back