master II deluxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWAMPY036

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I climbed in this saddle a couple times I thought it felt good. But I like the floating D. After looking it over it would not be hard to add 2 clevis and a bridge to the lower att. points has anyone done this and what are your thoughts. You could probably order the bridge setup off the glide or even the dragon fly:monkey:

Did you try the "Traverse Deluxe"? Already has the sliding bridge/ floating D. Its a Butt Strap / Batten saddle, more comfortable hanging, no nut crunch. Some say it is not as mobile, but it has never slowed me down. Far more comfortable than the Master II.

I did put an arborplex "Floating Bridge" on an old Klein butt strap saddle and still use it for short, simple climbs; but the older I get the more addicted I become to the Traverse.

If you know what you're doing or have someone who knows what they're doing it's not hard to just splice one on there. I did it with mine

I climbed in this saddle a couple times I thought it felt good. But I like the floating D. After looking it over it would not be hard to add 2 clevis and a bridge to the lower att. points has anyone done this and what are your thoughts. You could probably order the bridge setup off the glide or even the dragon fly:monkey:

Getting the bridge off a Butterfly or Dragonfly would be nice.
I got a piece of 3/8" Ultratech and some delta links.
I think a bridge is nicer than the central connection because it distributes your weight much better and is more comfortable.
attachment.php

What Fumbler has is the way I would go, though I would use a some plain old stable braid. You don't need high temp cordage there.

The only thing different would be flip one of the carabiners so they don't have the gates facing the same way.

I did what fumbler did and love it. Also the carabiner thing has already been discussed in another thread. If you are looking to climb in a Master make sure you try a couple first. I bought my master to start and love it but think I will try a BF2 next I used one and greatly enjoyed it. Just making sure you are keeping your options open. Diffirent strokes for diffirent folks. The guy I learned from climbs on a old blair.
Jared

Latest posts

Back