Mastermind is frozen in....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lone wolf
Just got a call from Randy. It appears an ice storm of epic proportions has hit the Cumberland plateau. Power company gave him an estimated time of 5 days until his electricity is restored.

No power, no internet and no phone. I didn't get to talk to him long, as he was trying to save his daughters cell phone battery, but he asked if I could spread the word he's gonna be froze in for a few days, in case y'all are wondering about ur stuff and stuff.

Sucks to be a hillbilly....

J
:cold::cold::cold:

redoakneck

redoakneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I hope he has a generator!!!!! I have one and 20 gallons of gas, figured that would be enough for 2-3 days and could get more. I live 5 miles from a major interstate so figure gas should be available in a day or 2 of something like that.

Good luck Randy, enjoy the forced vacation.

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
U better call AK Doug!
Don't call me.. I've got my own problems :D. It may be 40F here, but the ground is below freezing and it's raining. Everything is a complete sheet of ice. I sand my parking lot and it's frozen over within the hour. I just ran out of sand. I finally got pissed off and dug a big assed hole out back with my excavator to mine up some gravel. I layered my entire parking lot in 2" of gravel. That should hold until tomorrow.

redfin

redfin

Fish & Chips!!!
I hope you have enough gas to run it on hand.
Propane conversions are the ticket for generators.
I hope he has a generator!!!!! I have one and 20 gallons of gas, figured that would be enough for 2-3 days and could get more. I live 5 miles from a major interstate so figure gas should be available in a day or 2 of something like that.

Good luck Randy, enjoy the forced vacation.

Hopefully your gas station has power.

Sprintcar

Sprintcar

Chainsaw Slut
That boy and his family are cut from a pretty tough bolt of cloth, they will be fine. Sucks that they are without power out on cuttle lane, just remember we can blame this winter on folks burning wood in their stoves and adding to global warmin.

Least wise that's what I'm gonna do as I poke another piece of oak into my Grizzly.

Good luck moobs, sucks to be you.

HD2010

HD2010

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
just spoke with him again a bit ago. He said that it's freezing rain again and they're expecting even more tree damage tonight....

Guess that means he will have plenty of wood for testing saws.
Seriously it would suck to be without power for more than a day or two. Hopefully he can get a generator.

o8f150

o8f150

Tree Freak
good,,, since he cant defend himself,,,,, he is a homo piss soaked leg humping sheep/poodle banging midget that likes to get kicked in the sack just for the pleasure of it,,, he is one strange bird since he always has on his mind bending some other guy over a log or tree stump,,,, ok,, I am done,,, carry on:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Don't call me.. I've got my own problems :D. It may be 40F here, but the ground is below freezing and it's raining. Everything is a complete sheet of ice. I sand my parking lot and it's frozen over within the hour. I just ran out of sand. I finally got pissed off and dug a big assed hole out back with my excavator to mine up some gravel. I layered my entire parking lot in 2" of gravel. That should hold until tomorrow.

Have you tried to stray some course sea salt on the ice?