Mastermind Meets The Echo CS-520

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy "VERY" fine job on the echo .. Echo makes a decent saw for the $$ they have gotten some bad wrap in the past so a lot of people just over look them,,,
As far as kick'in husky butt it "may" have its hands full :wink2:

Randy, I am wondering how this Echo CS 520 compared to the newer CS 500 you just did ?

It seems a little stronger. The 500 needs to be ran awhile to loosen up though. It think when it's broken in it well be just as strong.

Randy "VERY" fine job on the echo .. Echo makes a decent saw for the $$ they have gotten some bad wrap in the past so a lot of people just over look them,,,
As far as kick'in husky butt it "may" have its hands full :wink2:

Thanks Eric, that means a lot coming from you bud.

This 520 has a real tight crankcase being a clamshell. I wonder if that has anything to do with it running as well as it does?

The 520 looks plenty mean in the video. Hit the wood at 4 seconds, finished with the first cut at 9 seconds and went on to finish the third cut at 23 seconds. Thats three cuts in 19 seconds with an Echo. I'll have to have every saw I own ported now. How do I tell the wife?

The 520 looks plenty mean in the video. Hit the wood at 4 seconds, finished with the first cut at 9 seconds and went on to finish the third cut at 23 seconds. Thats three cuts in 19 seconds with an Echo. I'll have to have every saw I own ported now. How do I tell the wife?

Straight in the eye. Like a boss!!!! :laugh:

Wish I hadn't found this thread, I've got a cs520. Now I'll have to go to the UPS site and figure out how much it'll cost me to ship it to Tenn.:tongue2:

Wish I hadn't found this thread, I've got a cs520. Now I'll have to go to the UPS site and figure out how much it'll cost me to ship it to Tenn.:tongue2:

It doesnt matter how much it cost..... trust me. Mastermind built me a nasty 520:rock:. And he is a super great, doewn to earth, stand up kinda guy. I am glad I met him and picked him as my builder. Check out his other threads, he has a wealth of knowledge and whatever saw you got.... he can make it a monster. The 520 he built me got alot of peoples attention. Echos are counted out. This one made some folks take note. I chose that one to be built bc of watching WYK videos on youtube.

Thanks for the reminder Wes. When I get back to the desktop they will be posted. :rock:

As promised.

attachment.php

Very Carefully!!!:msp_scared: I have yet to run any of Randy's saws, but owning one of Stumpy's and having run ones from Stumpy, Brad and others, there is absolutely nothing like a ported saw. Then again, that would be like buying a new Camaro or Mustang and not tricking out somehow. Most are pretty good stock, but there are to many compromises due to liabilities and emissions regs, to see their full potential without some help from knowledgeable folks. Congrats!

Very Carefully!!!:msp_scared: I have yet to run any of Randy's saws, but owning one of Stumpy's and having run ones from Stumpy, Brad and others, there is absolutely nothing like a ported saw. Then again, that would be like buying a new Camaro or Mustang and not tricking out somehow. Most are pretty good stock, but there are to many compromises due to liabilities and emissions regs, to see their full potential without some help from knowledgeable folks. Congrats!

no what you mean.

AFTER the fact

You could be cool about it though and only do one per longer time period and make sure you knock off some honey-do list items and add in a present or nice dinner, etc in between porting jobs

CS-520 straight gassed!

Picked up a junker from a tree guy that somehow ruined his saw, he blamed one of his workers.

Anyway, I'm looking to rebuild it but I can't find an aftermarket replacement jug and cylinder kit. Does anyone know if this saw is the same as any of the shindaiwa models, they look similar.

If not I'll probably ebay it for parts, it has a bar. I'll take a closer look at it today and see if it has any other issues.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Picked up a junker from a tree guy that somehow ruined his saw, he blamed one of his workers.

Anyway, I'm looking to rebuild it but I can't find an aftermarket replacement jug and cylinder kit. Does anyone know if this saw is the same as any of the shindaiwa models, they look similar.

If not I'll probably ebay it for parts, it has a bar. I'll take a closer look at it today and see if it has any other issues.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Are you sure the cylinder won't clean up?

Mike

Latest posts

Back