Mastermind Meets The Echo CS600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump for porting pics and specs...perspiring mindz are interested ;)

Sorry but I've been gone all day picking up a special order saw. I've got to help clean up some tornado damage in the morning but will TRY to post the spec asap. Pics are too late......that saw is gone home. :)

Sorry but I've been gone all day picking up a special order saw. I've got to help clean up some tornado damage in the morning but will TRY to post the spec asap. Pics are too late......that saw is gone home. :)

I KNOW WHAT SAW IT IS...I KNOW WHAT SAW IT IS! NAH HAH N NA NAH! LOL, (It's not mine, but I wish it was!) :blob2:

Hey Mastermind.....Watched your demo vids of the 600p. Wow...great job.....But I was expecting your hands to have more hair on them judging from your avitar.....:hmm3grin2orange:

LMAO no flame suit needed , but with that said I own one and with a simple muffler gut and re tune it woke up and is quite impressive. The only concern for myself would be the air filter , which has worked perfectly up to this point but not sure why exactly but concerns me for some reason .

Cheap ? Certainly not I can assure you the saw is built pretty rugged. Unfortunately I found out the hard way by being complacent and doing a foolish thing "felling in high winds". My options to get out of my stupidity was either take a risky chance and try saving my saw or watch a good size oak squash a brand new saw. Did the latter and was astonished at how well the saw held up . Bent top handle and cracked lower handle was all the damage done to the saw. Replaced both and cutting like a mother once again.

Good saw and if it holds up cant be touched in price to performance comparison .

Nice Work Randy !

I'm with ya Luneburg,
I'll wait to see what the west coast loggers think when they put a few through the ranks in real hardwood... :) . Seriously I've run a Makita/dolmar pretty hard for a few days straight and thought it was a tough SOB...the pros don't think they hold up long term. I'd like to see some 50-60 hours a week loggers run one of these for a few months and then post back. Those are "pro" saws to me.

PS...whats a few broken handles and tanks amongst friends??? Happens all the time who hasn't bent a handle and broken a few tanks....the question is not "when" but "how many" !!!

Some of you Eastern wieners need to leave off with the West Coast crap. It isn't all conifers or Alders here, there are plenty of tough hardwoods in the West.

scan0005.jpg

Aww shoot man, take care of biz and that tornado work. I was just seeing if you had any more pics of the actual port work and stuff, but it ain't no biggee either.

Some of you Eastern wieners need to leave off with the West Coast crap. It isn't all conifers or Alders here, there are plenty of tough hardwoods in the West.

QUOTE]

Aw Shucks Randy, I wuz jus razzin Y'all in a Biggie Smalls/ Tupac kinda way...ya must have missed the 'smiley' ...besides we prefer to be called "dirty water dogs" back East. Its a term we use instead of "weiners" or hot dogs. Dirty water dogs refers to the hot dog trucks or carts that we love to buy lunch from late late at night when things are blurry from the prior events of the evening...

So what ya think of the Echo? Look chinsey to you?

Next time you're out to the City let me know...I'll buy.

Wow

Good my saw back today from Randy,,, Holycow,, whata saw ,,never in my wildest dreams did I fig an Echo could run like that, the throttle responce is simility amazing.. Been raining all dern day so cant wait to get in that cherry tree thats comming down. I am simply amazed,,,Randy my hats off to you job well done,,, keep it up and you will be covered up with work for years to come,,, its just a shame the epa has to put such a berden on us citizens and we have to buy an expencive piece of equipment and to get the most outa it ,,have to modify it so it perfornes up to its potential. ( Also its not my first go around with those b-----ds as I had a service station for 30 years,,, put me outa bussiness,,, they dont care either LOL... Well enough rambling,,, Again very nice job Randy,,,,

Good my saw back today from Randy,,, Holycow,, whata saw ,,never in my wildest dreams did I fig an Echo could run like that, the throttle responce is simility amazing.. Been raining all dern day so cant wait to get in that cherry tree thats comming down. I am simply amazed,,,Randy my hats off to you job well done,,, keep it up and you will be covered up with work for years to come,,, its just a shame the epa has to put such a berden on us citizens and we have to buy an expencive piece of equipment and to get the most outa it ,,have to modify it so it perfornes up to its potential. ( Also its not my first go around with those b-----ds as I had a service station for 30 years,,, put me outa bussiness,,, they dont care either LOL... Well enough rambling,,, Again very nice job Randy,,,,

I'm glad you like the saw Dennis. Those Echos ain't the pile of crap some folks think they are. Take that beast to some GTGs and show em what an Echo can do. :)

Just a heads up here, but there are several 600P NIB saws on eBay right now with a BIN price well below retail. I just know someone here outbid me on the one that was up for auction.

I will not deny that these newer Echos are top notch saw IMHO.

Very nice casting in the jug, quad port design, and a hemispherical combustion chamber. That adds up to a saw that loves to be modded. :)

I have a CS400, and it's been a great little saw. Not a lick of trouble with it yet. I may need to get one of these 600P's and send it on over to you. LOL...that's amazing.

I have a CS400, and it's been a great little saw. Not a lick of trouble with it yet. I may need to get one of these 600P's and send it on over to you. LOL...that's amazing.

I was shocked when the stop watch showed how much we gained on this build. :msp_unsure:

I'd just like y'all to know that I showed Randy how to do all this ****.:popcorn::popcorn:

Back