Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't mean to further the derailment, sorrreeee Randy. I'll go sit down now.

I didn't send this from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My gut reaction is the weld heat would take the temper out of the pin? I'll run this by my friend (long time Echo dealer) he's very knowledgeable about the Echo twins and see what he thinks of the idea.

And yes please start a separate thread entitled "sawtroll does not like Echos" for a less technical but more theatrical discussion. :)

Tim

This thread blew up.........

Go Niko. :rock:

Tim, I've been doing some reading on these things......looks like a bead of weld on the crank pins may be the fix......and the way the case is designed it can be done without splitting the cases. Discuss?????

What about that Niko? :msp_sneaky:

Anytime, anywhere, on any saw except a Husqvarna, we have come to expect to see SawTroll come in swinging. He's my friend though and I like his style. :rock:

Last edited:
Didn't mean to further the derailment, sorrreeee Randy. I'll go sit down now.

I didn't send this from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Derail away Brother Steve........I live for this stuff ya know. :)

My gut reaction is the weld heat would take the temper out of the pin? I'll run this by my friend (long time Echo dealer) he's very knowledgeable about the Echo twins and see what he thinks of the idea.

And yes please start a separate thread entitled "sawtroll dose not like Echos" for a less technical but more theatrical discussion. :)

Tim

The case would have to be split (I was evidently tripping)........that may be off the table....for now. :)

If you're looking for rep you're always a newbie in the "I'm looking for newbies to rep" thread. I guess that it would apply to the rest of the forums too.

I'm new! Rep me! :msp_smile:

I used to get irritated with STs Stihl bashing but realize that AS wouldn't be as much fun if we didn't have someone stirring turds. :potstir:

st doesn't stir the pot he calls them like he sees them.:D:D By the way this is a neat build thread different than most. Did I miss all the pics. of an old saw restored or are there more to come?

Think I'll add something positive to this thread. :dizzy:

Guess what Randy. Wife is making some of those homemade pecan pies. :msp_wink::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Don't post this stuff now MM will never finish this rebuild he's thinking abuot PIE>>>>:msp_scared::msp_scared:

Last edited:
We're talking about rebuilding an older "unique" saw, and I can't see how brand bashing is even relevant in this situation. It would be like a Chevy-head poo-poing the restoration of a Model-T or something. Translation: grossly missing the point. I'm fascinated by this project, regardless of the brand.

This is about that particular model, that is made on a particularly stupid way - but crappy cylinder porting is a well known "hallmark" of Echo anyway, no point in denying that! :msp_biggrin::laugh::laugh:

The only alternative destination (to a dumpster) for this contraption is the back closet of some collector, as someone said earlier in the thread......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back