Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welding two-stroke twin crankshafts is standard operating procedure. In fact just about any roller bearing crank used in a high perf application will have the pins welded. My TZ cranks were welded as well as the crank in my KZ1000 drag bike. A small weld prep and a pass with a TIG torch is all that is needed.

Welding two-stroke twin crankshafts is standard operating procedure. In fact just about any roller bearing crank used in a high perf application will have the pins welded. My TZ cranks were welded as well as the crank in my KZ1000 drag bike. A small weld prep and a pass with a TIG torch is all that is needed.

This is what I was thinking. I've known some to be welded more than once when bearings needed replacing. I'm trying to think if I've ever done, or seen it done in the crankcase, and can't say that I have. I really can't think of a reason why not other than a room to work issue.

Mr. HE:cool:

I sorta like those old EVL series Echos. There, I said it.

Bite me.:)

I will always have a soft spot for Echo saws, not for what they are but, for the memories of driving to the gun club to shoot on Saturday mornings and stopping by the small saw shop on the way home that sold them, I was young and dumb and the owner always had time to answer all my foolish questions...I didn't realize it at the time but I already had CAD at 16 and wanted to own many saws and sometimes I left the gun club early with unfired shells just to get a spot by the wood stove in the shop to talk saws and cutting.

That would be sideway balance! :msp_smile:

Lots of truth to that, I heard Nick Walenda had a Husky strapped to his back when he walked the tightrope across the Falls this summer, kept him from falling!

I sorta like those old EVL series Echos. There, I said it.

Bite me.:)

Yep, the 610's are what they are and are a real piece of history no matter what they are. :laugh:

That said, myself I dont want one bad enough to pay what they go for most the time but if I had one I myself wouldnt think of souping up or modding that piece of history either, but thats just me.

...so, it's an Echo and a twin at that.
IF it gets tossed into an empty dumpster, at a mean, average velocity of 57mph, per cylinder.
how many times would the impact noise of an Echo twin , echo ?

would there be sorta grammatical astrophysics acoustical squared thing that could happen here?

Yep, the 610's are what they are and are a real piece of history no matter what they are. :laugh:

That said, myself I dont want one bad enough to pay what they go for most the time but if I had one I myself wouldnt think of souping up or modding that piece of history either, but thats just me.

I want to see how this build turns out before I make a concrete decision on that!!!

I think turning a stock appearing twin that would barely outrun a Wildthing on its best day into a screamer would be :rock:

Mike

I want to see how this build turns out before I make a concrete decision on that!!!

I think turning a stock appearing twin that would barely outrun a Wildthing on its best day into a screamer would be :rock:

Mike

Splitting the cases and welding the crank.........what say yea chainsaw gurus to that?

Do these sell for much? We have one at the shop the owner priced to me at 200.00, said it run about 14 months ago when he traded for it, only defect I see is a little chip out of the bottom of the mag handle. Is it worth it?

Splitting the cases and welding the crank.........what say yea chainsaw gurus to that?

I don't see how you could loose on that. It would be awful sad to see this one scatter for saving a hour or two of work. Fresh bearings and seals might be well advised also.

Indiansprings, for $200 you could re-sell it and get twice your money back pretty quickly. I'd grab it if you can swing the $200.

Do these sell for much? We have one at the shop the owner priced to me at 200.00, said it run about 14 months ago when he traded for it, only defect I see is a little chip out of the bottom of the mag handle. Is it worth it?

You need to be all over that like a settin' hen on a housecat!!!
You can double your money pretty easily if it is as nice as you think!!!

Mike

Latest posts

Back