Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Chicken leg flu will really take ya down and mess up yer sideways balance, best to rest a bit more.

That Chicken leg flu will really take ya down and mess up yer sideways balance, best to rest a bit more.

For sure!!!

Did y'all hear about the kid born with no eyelids?????

Luckily there was a surgeon with some sense in the place.

He used the foreskins from circumcisions to make the little feller some eyelids.

Said he's gonna be fine............just a little cockeyed.

Randy started it!

Didja hear the one about the surgeon that saved the skin from circumcisions to make a wallet?

Yah, you rub it a few times and you have a suitcase!

:yoyo:

Keeping this thread on topic (to keep it out of the OT area)....

Jeremy (Wiggs) trued the cranks then had a guy local to him that does bike cranks weld them. The crank guy used no filler rod and explained his experienced technique to Jer......it was all way over my head but they guy as done thousands of cranks so I'm happy.

The Solo crank was way out of phase and was also out of alinement .009".

The Echo crank was well within spec.

The condition the Solo 681 crank was in makes me wonder if vibration plays a role in crank failure in those saws.

Keeping this thread on topic (to keep it out of the OT area)....

Jeremy (Wiggs) trued the cranks then had a guy local to him that does bike cranks weld them. The crank guy used no filler rod and explained his experienced technique to Jer......it was all way over my head but they guy as done thousands of cranks so I'm happy.

The Solo crank was way out of phase and was also out of alinement .009".

The Echo crank was well within spec.

The condition the Solo 681 crank was in makes me wonder if vibration plays a role in crank failure in those saws.

Is the Solo crank a typical 3 piece unit?

Can't help but think that with the CorreCt engineering a 2 Cylinder would be very strong. Anyone hAve An ideA why they clAim they fire simultaneously? It seems to gaIn torque they would fire opposite. It may not be super fast but It should be strong.

Forgive my grammar and poor typing. I only have 1 finger and it's the wrong hand.

Hum...? Add a case wall to separate the extra crank arm you just added? hum... LOL OK that should lighten it right up. Your thinking must be thinking in 4 cycle land.

So since you have been sitting on your bum, sick all day......................WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!

Happy to see your feeling a bit better. Im off to pick up my dads car to fix tonight, Im gonna hafta remember that there eyelid joke to tell him:laugh:

.009 out of alignment does not sound like much...till it's inside of a 2 stroke. I'm thinking IF every one of them is like that they all should fail early, some might even be worse.
Glad to see they welded up the crank with a hot pass approach rather than adding material, not sure how a small crank could ever be rebalanced perfect enough to last.

.009 out of alignment does not sound like much...till it's inside of a 2 stroke. I'm thinking IF every one of them is like that they all should fail early, some might even be worse.
Glad to see they welded up the crank with a hot pass approach rather than adding material, not sure how a small crank could ever be rebalanced perfect enough to last.

Single cylinder engines without a counter balance shaft can not be fully balanced. If they were fully balanced for the vertical the fore-aft vibration would be wicked enough to rip the saw out of your hands. They are usually somewhere around 1/2 balanced and I've removed a lot of weight from the counter balances without adverse effects.

0.009 out of alignment will put a lot of stress on the bearings and cause a lot of odd vibrations, resulting in an early death of the bearings or even worse.

Like Randy said, there's been a lot of crank failures in the new bigger Solo saws. DolmarDan was replacing cranks in the early days and had several that the factory warrantied because they were low-hour saws. So this is likely an indicator.

apple-pie.jpg

Latest posts

Back