Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Randy! Great pics as usual!!! Worthy of rep! To bad the function has been disabled.

edit: hope you get an endoscope soon so that we can even have a better look "inside" :D

any stock port timing numbers yet,
or did my scatterbrained self overlook them on an earlier page?

Talked with my Dealer this morning about the 661s that he sold. To be vague about the numbers, over 12 and under 24, there are at least a dozen in loggers hands now for a month or so and they haven't had a one of theirs sold report a problem. That is good news.
Not one of the Proto types this past spring/summer had an issue of any kind. Not sure of just how many of those that were in testing, but not many. They sent them back to Germany.

Pics are great Randy.

So, they are aware of the thread?

I cannot speak for the manufacturer. They have lawyers for that. If they were officially aware of such a thread, they'd at minimum have to send you a letter to inform you that you are using a product inconsistent with it's design, and breaking the law (EPA). I'm sure the phrase "cease and desist" would be included. Remember that this is a very public forum where anyone could be watching, including ambulance chaser TV lawyers.

What people do from their home computers is their own business no matter where they work during business hours. ;)

Ahh the piston stuffer just like the 461. Is the stuffer a new thing to chainsaws? An old machinist told me they used custom made stuffers in cart engines.

Randy, are you going to try a couple different muffler mods before porting? might be interesting to see what just the MM does first.

Well, I had planned to do that.......but someone really wanted to see inside this thing really badly. After tearing it down all the way to the piston, I sorta hate to put it all back together just to see what a muffler mod does.

No apology needed . Good things are always worth the wait !I didn't figure on you even getting around to it until about now . I hate it that the flywheel got fubared and you had to get a new one .
A neighbor called a couple of days ago and said that a recent storm had dropped a big oak branch in his yard,and would I cut it up for him . I told him sure when the weather clears up a bit . Turns out it's the whole tree ! Red oak about 36" at the base . Looks like it's going to be the 395's break in tree . New ported saw , free red oak ......... Life is good !!!
That 395XP is one mean soundin' mother..... :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back