Masterminded 362C -R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half skip will cut fine. Oregon is easier to learn to sharpen on since its softer. That's just my preference for people learning to file it. Madsens can hook you up on those loops of Oregon.

I like the bahco files. Google will find them but there's a place in Missouri and one in Ohio. I can't remember right off. Been a year since I ordered some. I bought 2 dozen last time.

paralysisanalysis.jpg

Oh my!! Im gonna quit asking questions! I feel like a dumbass now!! Lol!

Oh, I have nothing against questions. Just playing around. ;)

Though I do think, sometimes, people get too caught up in the minutiae. All the chains and configurations will cut wood, assuming they're reasonably sharp. If someone is happy with stock chain, great; if they feel they want more, that might inspire them to push the envelope and better their sharpening skills or make some changes. Neither is right or wrong. Same with cutter configuration -- one person may favor the characteristics of full comp as it pertains to their particular cutting style, while another may prefer skip, all else equal. Try some stuff and cut some wood, and when you feel you've found a shortcoming, try some different stuff and see what you like best. :chop:

Like a carpenter says "Measure twice, cut once"

Part of the purpose of this site is to ask and answer questions, so hopefully when we spend our hard earned money, we spend it wisely.

If it were not for the information I learned from this site I would not be using square file chain now, and would not have removed the baffle from my 046, would not know how to remove carb limiters, would not have dual port covers on my 044 & 046, etc, etc.

Heck, I would not even have purchased the 046!

Collectively we become smarter, and I thank all the experienced people on this site that have shared valuable information and contributed to my knowledge gain.

Oh, I have nothing against questions. Just playing around. ;)

Though I do think, sometimes, people get too caught up in the minutiae. All the chains and configurations will cut wood, assuming they're reasonably sharp. If someone is happy with stock chain, great; if they feel they want more, that might inspire them to push the envelope and better their sharpening skills or make some changes. Neither is right or wrong. Same with cutter configuration -- one person may favor the characteristics of full comp as it pertains to their particular cutting style, while another may prefer skip, all else equal. Try some stuff and cut some wood, and when you feel you've found a shortcoming, try some different stuff and see what you like best. :chop:
Well this is my perspective on the discussion at hand. We pay 300+ on porting for 30% to 40% off cut times and then we can change type of chain and gather 30% off cut times for approx. 40$ for 20" chain and a file? Im thinking it would be retarded not to ask questions and learn the chisel chain technique vs. $$$ invested vs the performance to $$$ ratio?

Latest posts

Back