May have legal trouble...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I want to know is what possible reason the guy would have for flashing his badge if he wasn't going to charge you with anything. In my layman's opinion, sounds like a guy on a power trip. :cheers:

And come to think of it, this thread doesn't sound like you at all. How's the fishing? ;-)

I had talked with a few local guys, they asked me if I had a local business
liscence, they knew I didn't.

Anyway, a customer picks up his trimmer today, had a wasp nest in the
muffler, I told him I cleared it out, he would not have any more problems.

He flips out this cheesy county badge.....

Says he is attached to the Ky EPA..........

Says they will take it back and look at it....

I will admit, I tossed the screen.

What am I looking at? Worst case?

Ky is way lax on enviromental crap, is this guy just blowing smoke?

Any advice appreciated....

Don't worry about Fish, they quit hanging in KY many years ago. The worst you may get is a nite in the slammer with Bubba. You could tell them you would rather be hung though, Bubba is I heard, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Y'all been had......

attachment.php

I had talked with a few local guys, they asked me if I had a local business
liscence, they knew I didn't.

Anyway, a customer picks up his trimmer today, had a wasp nest in the
muffler, I told him I cleared it out, he would not have any more problems.

He flips out this cheesy county badge.....

Says he is attached to the Ky EPA..........

Says they will take it back and look at it....

I will admit, I tossed the screen.

What am I looking at? Worst case?

Ky is way lax on enviromental crap, is this guy just blowing smoke?

Any advice appreciated....

I wouldn't sweat it, you big p$$y.
It reminds me of the time I was selling new 090's and 088's on Ebay. I got a letter from Stihl's legal dept warning me to cease and desist from selling Stihl saws on Ebay cause I was not a dealer. Then I got a letter shortly thereafter from the president of Stihl Canada, thanking me for all my purchases. Lol
It's just another chapter in the book you BIG BABY! Lol
John

I wouldn't sweat it, you big p$$y.
It reminds me of the time I was selling new 090's and 088's on Ebay. I got a letter from Stihl's legal dept warning me to cease and desist from selling Stihl saws on Ebay cause I was not a dealer. Then I got a letter shortly thereafter from the president of Stihl Canada, thanking me for all my purchases. Lol
It's just another chapter in the book you BIG BABY! Lol
John

Cool story (but not really news, except the Canadian letter - LOL)! :cheers:

Fishmaster: Just in case, I'd take the advice delivered earlier and delete the original post. I once had a conservation officer show up and knock on my door because of something I posted on an Internet forum.

I think the guy you mentioned is a tool of a stool, FWIW, but why take a chance?

That was probably the weedwacker the state uses to trim the emerald forest. Stoned wasps can wiggled straight through the screens.:crazy1:

...and yeah, the locals, state and feds consider it a "hobby" if you collect payment for services rendered or product sold but decide not to go legit and get a vendors license and pay taxes. They use a different word than hobby.

They always like it when people do that, you know take customers away from legitimate businesses that pay taxes and follow the rules.

At least now you know what it is like to work like a illegal immigrant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back