• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy McCulloch 101B kart saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a real clean 2101XP with low hours I might have to see if I can sell or do a trade plus some $ for a 101.

It's not just a matter of money, it's the fact that 101 saws rarely come up for sale. Folks tend to keep them or IF they get sold, it's by word of mouth.

Yeah I have yet to see anyone selling a 101 Mac in the sale dept here. I know if I had to put up my 797 for sale it would be tough to part with. Hours and hours of wrenching on em and they become very sentimental.

A big Yup to that. If you find an engine (Ebay) you can install it in either a 125 chassis or a 797 style chassis. The 125 has AV so would be my choice but are getting expensive. A scored cylinder 125 makes a great donor chassis and should save you money.

Good luck buying a 101, you will most likely have to build one. I'd take a 101 any day over a 3120 myself. Oh yeah, about the 101, remember to lower the rakers, A LOT!

Ya Don, I agree. The rakers on my 101 geardrive are at 50 and that saw can still use more chain.
I haven't had time to try out my latest 101 build but i'm guessing it will also need the rakers cut
down way low.

I remember a few years ago guys like axeman on ebay were finding and selling 101 saws but that
was then. Haven't seen one in years. That's why I go after the stock 101's on ebay that haven't
been ported and butchered. The last 3 I bought were stock ports with std bore as well.

I'm thinking hard that my next 101 will be in a 795-797 chassis as I don't have one in that chassis
yet. Will do it stock appearing just not sure what carb I will use.

Lee

Lee, a flatback might be kinda cool just to see. And it's. bigger than the SDC 20 isn't it? Also a WB would be great and still have a choke.

Ya Don, I agree. The rakers on my 101 geardrive are at 50 and that saw can still use more chain.
I haven't had time to try out my latest 101 build but i'm guessing it will also need the rakers cut
down way low.

I remember a few years ago guys like axeman on ebay were finding and selling 101 saws but that
was then. Haven't seen one in years. That's why I go after the stock 101's on ebay that haven't
been ported and butchered. The last 3 I bought were stock ports with std bore as well.

I'm thinking hard that my next 101 will be in a 795-797 chassis as I don't have one in that chassis
yet. Will do it stock appearing just not sure what carb I will use.

Lee

Lee you ever gonna part with any of your 101s? I'm sure you would demand a well deserved price for em. Some of us guys don't have the tools, time, or skills to do the work you guys do.

Lee, a flatback might be kinda cool just to see. And it's. bigger than the SDC 20 isn't it? Also a WB would be great and still have a choke.

I want it to fit under the filter cover. And with the 795-797 chassis I can't go cutting up the air box like a 125
as I would go right into the fuel tank. So i'm kinda limited. Thinking a kart race HL carb but one with a 1 inch
bore and not the HL360. Got to figure a way to make the reeds flow better.

Back